Cyclists Explained

Welcome to the Cycle Oregon Forum! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to your postings.

Thank you

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Cyclists Explained

Postby high plains drafter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 pm

After carefully reading the forum's rules that now allow cycling-related, non-spam links I thought it would be OK to post the attached link to a discussion of what makes us cyclists special. Many kudos to the fine folks at 'xtranormal'!

Warning: the discussion contains an occasional swear word - if you tend to be offended by such, please do not follow this link. For the rest of you, enjoy! ... ed?mid=546
High Plains Drafter,
On Your Right, Or On Your Wheel.
high plains drafter

Re: Cyclists Explained

Postby cheneyt119 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't spend that much, I don't ride that hard.

I purchase desirable frames off E-bay (Trek 5200, Trek 2300) and buy take off Ultegra components from people under the delusion they aren't good enough. The day I spend $10,000 for a bicycle is the day I learn to sew.

I've never thrown up from riding too hard, but I'm no bike racer or time trialer. I'm much more likely to throw up from exposure to beer than exposure to bike. I've done a couple triathlons but my transition times were over 2 minutes and I dried off with a big plush towel. Really serious about it aren't I?

Guess that makes me a bike rider in this context. Although last year Day 6 was a far superior to day 5 the survey's favorite ride in my opinion. This year's 40,000 ft of climbing doesn't bother me one iota, bring it on.

Re: Cyclists Explained

Postby jitin25 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:18 am

OK bro i am just only talking about bicycle. I am not here for spamming. If i do some thing wrong so tell me that time.,.

Return to Cycle Oregon