SPAM and OTHER ILK

Welcome to the Cycle Oregon Forum! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to your postings.

Thank you

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

SPAM and OTHER ILK

Postby admin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:59 am

In recent days, some of you may have seen the SPAM and other non-cycling postings and website links on our forum. Since the forum returned on February 22nd, I have deleted or banned 30 members who have made such entries. In fact, this morning, I have deleted 5 of these members – and that was all before 10:00 AM!

Of the 30, several were sent from the same addresses used with the old forum software. During the period from June, 2006 to January 15, 2007, I deleted over 1,200 SPAM attempts. It would appear this rate of appearance will continue with the new software.

As has been my habit for the 8 years I have been a CO forum administrator/moderator, I will be checking the forum almost on an hourly basis – even while on a vacation, as I am right now.

Please be patient with us while we determine how to nip these attempts earlier in the registration process.

For those who may consider our actions a form of censorship by “big brother”, let me paraphrase part of our mission: “The CO forum is a privately owned discussion service limited to topics concerning Cycle Oregon, and cycling related subjects.” We are aware that you are fully capable of making your own choices regarding what you read and view. Feel free to choose those topics on your own – but not here. The Internet has thousands of such websites. As quickly as this content is discovered on this forum, they will be deleted.

Thank you for your patience and tolerance.

Curt Coleman
Forum Administrator
Last edited by admin on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Going to write a newer spam post
admin
Site Admin

Re: SPAM and OTHER ILK

Postby brewman1947 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Good on ya! This is about Cycle Oregon and biking, nothing much else.
brewman1947

Return to Cycle Oregon