Gleukos Sport Drink On The Course For CO!

Welcome to the Cycle Oregon Forum! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to your postings.

Thank you

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Gleukos Sport Drink On The Course For CO!

Postby Gleukos Guy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi everyone, we are very excited to again be providing Gleukos Sport Drink to the best bike ride in America! As in past years we will have Gleukos available to fill up your water bottles at all of the ODS rest stops. But this year we will also be sampling Gleukos during the rides in ready to drink bottles and offering it for purchase via the Widmer Beer Garden and the Bike Gallery.

In the mean time if you are looking to prep with Gleukos during your training rides you can purchase it at your local, New Season's, Zupans, Whole Foods, QFC, Haggen, Thriftway, Roth, Market of Choice and select Plaid Pantry and 7-Eleven stores. If your local grocery or convenience store does not carry Gleukos, please request it - any retailer can order Gleukos thru our Oregon and Washington distributor - Columbia Distributing.

If you have any questions about Gleukos please feel free to get in touch with me via this CO forum or through our new Facebook page.

You can also access FAQ's and other scientific information at gleukos.com under the GLEUKOLOGY section.

Talk to you soon and see you at CO!

Mark Jensen
Gleukos Sport Drink
Founder & President
Gleukos Guy

Re: Gleukos Sport Drink On The Course For CO!

Postby wayneh » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Mark,
I wanted to let you know how pleased I am that Gleukos is partnering with Cycle Oregon again this year. I am a big fan of your products. I'm also a 16-year employee at Columbia Distributing in Oregon (in the wine division, called Young's Columbia now). This will be my 13th year in a row doing Cycle Oregon. I also just recently finished my first Ride The Rockies (a potential marketing opportunity for Gleukos?) which was awesome.
I know some employees at Columbia here and there have done Cycle Oregon in the past, but I think I'm the only fanatic about the ride. Maybe in the future there's an interest in fielding a Gleukos-Columbia Distributing cycling team for CO? I'd be glad to wear the jersey and promote your products to the public. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to you and your company for partnering with Cycle Oregon, and for choosing Columbia Distributing as your distributor of choice in Oregon and Washington. I look forward to enjoying Gleukos on the ride come September. It's going to be an awesome week.

Cheers!
Wayne Holzkamp
wayneh

Postby Gleukos Guy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi Wayne, great to meet you! Thirteen years at CO! Thats fantastic..

Thanks so much for all that you do at Columbia. And yes, I would love to put together a Gleukos Columbia Dist group for Cycle Oregon. Let's do it!

Mark
Gleukos Guy

Postby Shifty » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm one of the people on CO who have tried the Gleukos drinks and found that it was upsetting in my stomach. Fortunately I brought along my usual electrolyte replacement drink mix, Vitalyte. I started using this product 30 years ago for cross country skiing, mountain climbs and mountain biking, it was called Gookinaid then and it was very effective, and still is. Thanks to Gluekos for the sponsorship, but for those of you who can't tolerate it, try Vitalyte http://www.vitalyte.com/

I guess we all get to SPAM a bit in this thread. :lol:
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Return to Cycle Oregon