The Big List

Welcome to the Cycle Oregon Forum! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to your postings.

Thank you

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

The Big List

Postby admin » Mon May 28, 2007 3:45 pm

The Cycling Site has published a comprehensive list of items and things to do for your Cycle Oregon preparations.

While you may not want to take all the items listed - it is a safe bet that you will find some things on the list that you would have forgotten.

Check it out at: http://www.cyclingsite.com/lists_articles/big_list.htm
admin
Site Admin

Colorado

Postby suziqt » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:21 pm

Hey, Admin,
Do you know what groups are in Colorado? Boulder or surrounging area?
Thanks
SuziQ
suziqt

Re: Colorado

Postby admin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:44 pm

suziqt wrote:Hey, Admin,
Do you know what groups are in Colorado? Boulder or surrounging area?
Thanks
SuziQ

Suzi -
I wish I could help, but have no idea whatsoever. Suggest trying the CO office.
Penny Overdier lives in Colorado and posts messages on the Team Bag Balm forum. She probably knows of some. I am reluctant to post her address here. Send me a private message and I will look it up for you.
Curt
admin
Site Admin

Colorado

Postby high plains drafter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Hiya SuziQ. We have a couple rides here in Colorado that might "peak" your interest. The 2 most popular are Ride The Rockies (June 15-21; www.ridetherockies.com) and Bicycle Tour of Colorado (June 22-28; www.bicycletourcolorado.com). As a 6 time veteran of RtR (and 3 CO's) I can tell you it is well supported (although the food at the rest stops isn't nearly as good as CO), and pretty challenging. Although the roads are usually no more than 6 or 7 % grade (much less than Aufderheide Pass), the air gets pretty thin at altitude. You've heard of Rocky Mountain High? I'm convinced it's oxygen deprivation (apologies John). This year's RtR route will be announced on Feb 3. It's limited to 2000 riders, selected by lottery. Twice that many apply, so it's a good idea to have a backup ride planned in case you don't get in. Cost is about $300, but you buy your own meals, so it works out about the same as CO. I haven't ridden the Bicycle Tour of Colorado, but I've heard good things, and this year's route covers some of our best scenery. Hope to see you, either here or there!
high plains drafter

Rocky Mountain High

Postby suziqt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey HPD,
Thanks for the tip on the two Colorado rides. We saw so many riders on Sunday, hwy 36!! Can't tell you how much I wish I was riding!!! Miss it.

Take care and hope to see you on the road............well, not "ON" the road like roadkill............cycling..........ugh!

QT
suziqt

Postby slv0700 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:12 pm

The tour Colorado looks good; like the option of indoor camping !
Suzi, go for it. Lottery style is iffy tho . I like first come, first serve better.
slv0700

Postby MarbleMtn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi Suzi. How are you doing? Miss you. Clyde & Bridget.
MarbleMtn

Clyde!!!! Bridge!!

Postby suziqt » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:42 pm

I miss you two so much! We have ton's of cyclist here in BoCo, way more than Eugene!! We have been so busy looking for a house for me that we haven't run or cycled!! I'm a blob!! :shock:

So, you two riding this year?

Look for my Email to you.

Suzi-QT
suziqt

Re: The Big List

Postby On Your Left » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 am

admin wrote:The Cycling Site has published a comprehensive list of items and things to do for your Cycle Oregon preparations.

While you may not want to take all the items listed - it is a safe bet that you will find some things on the list that you would have forgotten.

Check it out at: http://www.cyclingsite.com/lists_articles/big_list.htm

I've seen a few folks using those large plastic totes with handles as opposed to duffle bags. I can see the utility of keeping them outdoors. Question is, are they permitted in lieu of duffle bags? With stout handles, they may be easier to pack than a clumsy duffle.
On Your Left

Return to Cycle Oregon