Waiting List

Welcome to the Cycle Oregon Forum! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to your postings.

Thank you

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Waiting List

Postby jjamarshall » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Can anyone share their experience with being on the wait list? I'm about #80 and am wondering what my chances are of being selected.
jjamarshall

Re: Waiting List

Postby David R » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 pm

I have never been on the wait list. My understanding is that they get quite a few cancellations in mid August. Then when they start calling on the wait list most on the list have made other plans. I've heard people as high as 300 have made the ride. Now this is all second hand information, hopefully some one will report who has actual experience.
David R

Postby Jackson » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

CO has drawn from the waiting list each year there has been one. Late August is usually when they draw from it. If others have made other plans, they move on down the list. No telling this early what might happen.
Jackson

Postby Allyn Rice » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 am

:o Being on the waiting list is similar to waiting for Christmas when you were a kid. You hoped that red sting ray bike you asked Santa for would be under the tree. :o

I was on the waiting list, far down the list in 2007. I didn't sign up early that year because of work constraints. Things changed. I heard from Ingrid late August. Luckily I maintained my training status and had a great ride. There were some tough climbs that year.

I think you should plan on going.
The world is not flat.
Allyn Rice

Postby sugarmag » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

For last years' ride, I was about 75 on the wait list. I was offered a spot about 10 days before the ride. Unfortunately, I couldn't go by then b/c of work. I was told that many people from the list get in, it's just last minute. By August, they'll notify 25 people just to find 1 or 2 who can go, since many people have made other plans by then, haven't trained enough, haven't arranged time off work, etc. If you can commit at the last minute, you'll probably get in.

Marie
sugarmag

Postby slv0700 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 pm

If you want to go, then you need train like you're going to go and you
need to have the week off just like you would if you knew you were
going. Be ready just in case they call you.
slv0700

Return to Cycle Oregon