Vehicles

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Vehicles

Postby Terri » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 am

I just heard that is a limit of 30 vehicles allowed. Are they kidding? :?:
Terri

Re: Vehicles

Postby Jackson » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Where did you hear this? They may be limiting Campers/Motor Homes but I haven't heard on a number.
Jackson

Postby clwilli » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:06 pm

I would say that is campers/motorhomes....there will be a big area for personal vehicles.
clwilli

Postby David R » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm

I believe there were only 35 riderguest/rv spots for this year. That is the same as last year. There were well more than 35 rider guest vehicles last year but only 35 were registered. Most nights there was room for all of us but on a few nights the non registered vehicles had to be parked far from the camp site. Ten years ago there were only a handful of riderguest vehicles. In the last few years the number has soared. One of the problems is space to park the vehicles, another problem is that riderguest vehicles have been ending up on the course more frequently. I'm sure there will be many unregistered rider guest vehicles this year and some nights they will have to park far away again.
David R

Postby Jackson » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Yes, there is a limit on rider guest vehicles joining us along the route. Extremely limited space available in Pendleton. Part of the parking lot at the school we will be using has already reserved spots for motor homes for those attending the rodeo.
Jackson

Postby dunshay04 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm

For those of you that missed out on registering as a guest rider, I started a new discussion thread on Cycle Oregon's Facebook page about RV Parks in the communities we are traveling through. We've made our reservations this way for two years now. It is actually cheaper. Please make sure your driver follows the alternate driving routes that may be obtained from CO. This limits the amount of vehicles on the same roads as the bicyclists.
dunshay04

Return to 2010 Week Ride - September 11-18