Shaving

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Shaving

Postby yo mamma » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:15 pm

how many of you folks shave? should i? how do i get them REALLY smooth like andy schleck? does everyone shave during the ride?

I tried ehow.com and wikihow.com i cant get a straight story on this cycling stuff.

HELP!
yo mamma

Re: Shaving

Postby Force 5 Robert » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Shave what / where?

8) :twisted:
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby johnncarol » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:06 pm

I don't intend to fall so I don't shave my legs. I don't bother to shave my face either as I am too tired at night to do anyting but fall into my sleeping bag.
johnncarol

Postby straightspoke » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:32 pm

If you can't make up your mind, just shave one leg. :wink:
I don't think Andy or anyone on the ride will worry about it much. We're amateurs.
straightspoke

Postby ken f » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:11 pm

I used to shave. But then again I used to race. Shaving is usually reserved for racer types, although I shaved for a while after I raced just because I was really used to it and the sight of my own hairy legs looked odd to me. But this year, I've actually been slowly making the transition back to the natural look, as difficult as it is for me. Shaving is a bit of a pain and takes constant diligence with the razor to keep up with that 'smooth as a baby's backside' look that racers aspire to. The cramped showers of CO are not really conducive to shaving but I've done it there in the past.

You can always give it a try and see how you like it. There's really no secret to it; just grab a sharp razor and lather up. Trim it short with a electric trimmer the first time though, to keep razor clogging to a minimum. If you don't have much hair on your legs, perhaps some of the chemical hair removers will work for you. They hardly ever put a dent in mine though. If you're brave enough, you can wax.
ken f

Postby woodway » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Yes, yes, feel free to shave. We will do our best not to snigger too loud when you walk by in the beer garden. My wife may want to borrow a razor or two if that's OK...
woodway

Postby ken f » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:51 am

woodway wrote:Yes, yes, feel free to shave. We will do our best not to snigger too loud when you walk by in the beer garden. My wife may want to borrow a razor or two if that's OK...

Those of us who used to shave (or still do) long ago got past any supposed stigma regarding gender roles and habits that others might feel. And we also do our best not to snigger too loud as we pass by you on the climbs.
ken f

Postby capthawk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:24 am

If my legs were shaved, where would I wipe the cold morning snot!!! :lol:
It's always sunny at 35,000 ft
capthawk

Postby ridewime » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:09 am

Not a picture I want in the morning but I know where you are coming from :roll:
ridewime

Return to 2010 Week Ride - September 11-18