The Food

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

The Food

Postby surfin_phil » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Last year the food was pretty bad and poorly managed by the catering company in my opinion. Does anybody know if it will be the same catering people this year?
surfin_phil

Re: The Food

Postby DebMorey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

I totally agree... anyone from CO able to comment?

Debbie
DebMorey

Postby Alex from Eugene » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 am

Don't know about the CO Weekend food last year, didn't go - and not going this year. I could do these as one day park and rides from home, sleep and eat a lot better for less dough. You don't need a lot of support for a day ride in our bountiful Willamette valley - there's a reason the Oregon trail ended here 8) !.

If you want incredible food on an easy Summer valley ride, check out the Eola Hills Winery self guided bike ride and brunch every Sunday in August (at least it was last year). Ride a mostly scenic 35 mile loop, then have an awesome full brunch with wine included back at the winery. Northwest eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, mmm :P ! Then you probably need to go for another harder ride to burn some of it off! :oops:
Alex from Eugene
"work to eat, eat to live, live to ride, ride to work"
Alex from Eugene

Postby markhappyguy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I thought 2009 was standard school cafeteria fare which translates to mediocre or "bad" if you have higher standards.
markhappyguy

Return to 2010 Weekend Ride - July 16-18