little help requested

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

little help requested

Postby PietPelle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi,
I am looking forward to be cycling in three weeks. Can't wait.
I have 1 question though; I will ship my bike from the Netherlands in a hard plastic bike case, but as i read the riders handbook , I don't think it will be possible to take the case with me. What do you think are my options where to store my bike case for the week? (I have an hotel in Portland the night before pick up and the night after CO)

Thanks for the response.

Arjan
The Netherlands

(I won't be able to respond for 1 week from now, as I am in Cuba at the moment)
PietPelle

Re: little help requested

Postby Sam » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Not to worry. All the cases are stored at the start and waiting for you when you finish.
Sam

Re: little help requested

Postby riding2live » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:24 pm

On arrival at C.O. there will be a team of mechanics available to put your bike together. Your bike box will be stored at the start/finish line until the ride is completed. You can locate your bike box amongst a lot of others (some hard cases and a lot of cardboard boxes) and you can either box your bike yourself if you have the tools or the mechanics will be available again to assist you. The Bike Gallery mechanics are the greatest and C.O. wouldn't be the event it is without them. All labor is free but tips ARE appreciated.

Gene "let's box" Jones
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17