Finish Line Celebration

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Finish Line Celebration

Postby Red Zinger » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:09 pm

I thought the finish line party was really great this year. It felt very festive as several of us saw the huge flag hoisted by the fire department and then rode together under the white and purple balloons and were warmly greeted and presented with dog tags and posters. There was much picture taking at the "Cycle Oregon Finisher" sign and the belly dancers added to the fun. In the park, riders were taking time to enjoy the food, drink, and music, sharing stories of the week, lounging on the grass, and making final contacts with friends from elsewhere. A short final day allows more time for closing festivities, and people aren't in such a hurry to get on the road, but still, Sutherlin really went all out!

Thank you, thank you, people of Sutherlin! You gave us a lovely gift and a finish line party to remember!
Red Zinger
Red Zinger

Re: Finish Line Celebration

Postby n0az » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:04 pm

some nice ladies were taking pictures in front of the
sign - stating they would be posted on facebook. Anyone
see those? Chuck (no flats) btw all of
the volunteers were great - and sweeping the road before the
bikes came through was really a classy touch.
n0az

Postby dunshay04 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 pm

I know the Purple Foot Gang and Pedotti's Italian Restaurant were involved in the finish line celebration. Talked to the owner of Pedotti's about it over Memorial Day weekend when were checking out the area and again on Saturday night (day 0) when we went in for dinner. You might want to check with them. The Purple Foot Gang has a FaceBook page, but I don't see any CO finish line pictures.
dunshay04

Postby riding2live » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Here's the facebook page for sutherlin, Oregon.

www.facebook.com/pages/Sutherlin-Oregon ... ?sk=photos

I looked in their PHOTOS and there were only 11 photos attribuuted to Cycle Oregon and they were on Day 0 (9/10/11). didn't see any finish line pics.

Gene "keep smilin' :D , you don't know when you'll be on candid camera" Jones
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17