2011 Route Speculation

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: 2011 Route Speculation

Postby Don Bolton » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm

We've started from Nyssa twice. Condon was but a few years back, Lakeview and the great basin area has been done but the roadways in the southwest corner of the state?

Areas down by Port Orford that don't include a rematch of Bear Camp? Somewhere perhaps it was just the voices but...

Don "just the voices" Bolton
Don Bolton

Postby Jackson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:28 pm

My guess is somewhere in SW Oregon with a day trip or 2 out to the coast. South of Bandon or Coos Bay, Powers area. Not sure if they can work out a loop ride in this area. Originally thought Start and Finish in Myrtle Creek but clues lead away since we have been there before.
Jackson

Postby bfuller24 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 pm

I love all this route speculation especially since you all have so much more familiarity with Oregon than I. One point that interests me, stories told to me of past CO's (this will only be my sixth) seem to include rain when discussing Oregon's Coast be it North, Central, or South. I like Jackson's idea of some day trips over to the Coast and then back to an area less likely to be showered.
Just thinking.
Stronger today than yesterday but not as strong as tomorrow.
bfuller24

Postby Jackson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

The southern Oregon coast has a much different climate than the northern portion. That being said, this is Oregon, anything can happen regardless of where the ride is.
Jackson

Postby Leedo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Looks like Dunshay04 was right, even down to getting several cities correct. See you all in 7 months!

Time to get training...
Image - Leedo

A.K.A. Supergrover
My Blog: normalguytri.com
Twitter: @normalguytri
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leedo
Leedo

Postby Force 5 Robert » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

I have a feeling this one will fill up pretty quickly.
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby riding2live » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:51 pm

A riding partner and myself are IN. Only 2198 to go. Love the ride being down my way (Eugene). Start is just about an hour away from home. Easy drive home after the finish. That 6 hour drive last year in the pouring rain was NOT fun after a LONG day in the saddle.

The speculating was fun. Keeps the interest in the ride up from Sept to Feb. Now it's the anticipation of the ride to come and looking at the maps and elevations. Again, it'll be nice to be close to home. Should be a lot of FUN along with some good healthy exercise and lots of camaraderie. SURFS UP!!!!!
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Previous

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17