Eugene to Sutherlin

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Eugene to Sutherlin

Postby mapman68 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:57 am

Anyone have any travel suggestions for Eugene to Sutherlin? I'd like to fly in to Eugene before the ride.
mapman68

Re: Eugene to Sutherlin

Postby Shifty » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:52 pm

There is no transportation other than Greyhound Bus. Lot's of Eugene riders going that way, we can keep this thread alive and get you there.
Last edited by Shifty on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Postby riding2live » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:45 pm

A little closer to the ride (say in August) start inquiring about hitching a ride with someone from Eugene. I might be able but my plans not firmed up yet with other rider. I'll know better in Aug. With good weather I can put four in my truck with baggage in the back and up to 4 bikes on the rack on the rear.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby Tender Chunks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 pm

I live in Eugene, and can take one down with me (with bike). There will be others. We may figure out a way to carry more down there. Eugene is the logical place to fly in to. I'll talk with city people about trying to facilitate people coming here as the jumping off place, with transport to Sutherlin. Film at 11.
Tender Chunks

Postby riding2live » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Yo, T'chunks!!

It's been almost two months. Any update or info as to whether our city elders are willing to participate and come up with some plan for our out-of-town C.O.'rs flying/training into our fair city? Be interesting with different flights coming in and where to put people to get them all together for on or two transports to Sutherlin. There could possibly be a lot more. A lot of people fly in from out of state and out of country and as you said this would be a logical jumping off place. OUR BIKE FRIENDLY city should do something to help out here.

Maybe C.O. could send out in the monthly newsletter that they'd like a count of how many folk will be flying/railing into Eugene so plans could be made if the city is going to help out.

Just thinking about things..........................................and that's when I usually get in trouble.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby vespalite62 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:38 pm

The Coast Starlight train arrives in Eugene around 12:30 pm from San Diego on the the 10th. What are the chances of getting transportation to Sutherlin after that. I'd rather ride the train up from Ventura, CA than drive, but still would need to get to Sutherlin. Could be a lot of CO riders on board.
Thanks
vespalite62

Postby beth524 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 am

I did not see this post and just posted looking for a ride from Eugene. Has anybody had any luck carpooling? I am renting a car in Portland and dropping it in Eugene on Saturday and would like to find a ride to Sutherlin.
beth524

Postby Jackson » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 am

Why rent a car? Why not take one of the buses from Portland straight down?
Jackson

Postby riding2live » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Beth524,
Why not recheck flights and look into something that will bring you into Eugene. We do have an airport, you just have to usually do a transfer somewhere. Plus when you leave via Eugene it's much easier getting thru the security than at larger airports.

Also, if you got a rental from "Enterprise" they have a location in Roseburg just 11.4 miles from Sutherlin where you could possibly turn the car in (closer to the CO check-in).
riding2live

Postby beth524 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

I am visiting friends in Portland and Eugene. And the car is cheaper (and more flexible time-wise) than the bus. I will take the CO bus back to Portland though. Thanks, and still looking for a ride....
beth524

Postby johnncarol » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Just out of curiosity, I googled "shuttle service, Eugene, OR" and came up with a long list of options. Seems like if a few people got together a shuttle service would be the way to go.
johnncarol

Postby Jackson » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Looking into other options. In round numbers, how many are looking for a ride from Eugene to Sutherlin? Will you also need a ride back?
Jackson

Postby riding2live » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Jackson,

That would be an excellent question for the regular e-mail newsletter to get to more riders since probably most don't use the forum.
riding2live

Postby beth524 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:27 am

Sounds great, please count me in!
beth524

Postby Jackson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Wanted to see if CO had considered stopping buses in Eugene on the way but they will all be leaving Portland full. I'll be up for the football game in Eugene and heading back down following. At least that's my plan but it keeps changing. I will have room for 3 possibly 4 with bikes and gear if all works out. I'm not making any plans yet but will post when I know my exact plan about a week out from the event.

John
Jackson

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17