Buy LuxuryLite cot - Support CO Foundation Work

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Buy LuxuryLite cot - Support CO Foundation Work

Postby Tender Chunks » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:32 pm

*Folks,
Many Cycle Oregonians have discovered LuxuryLite cots for ultimate sleeping comfort in a 2.5# package smaller than a wine bottle. Easy set up. Two cots pack in the same space - uber clever, high tech design. If you want to extend your sleeping on the ground period well into geezerhood, get in touch. We sell these cots for the same price as LuxuryLite online - ie, $220, with free shipping. Of that amount, $40 is donated to Cycle Oregon Foundation. (You get to take the charitable donation credit.) Full lifetime warranty service from LuxuryLite; cots are made in the US by ingenious Texans. (Who also run a B&B you can stay at.)

For even more comfort, we also offer the Cool Mat from Luxury Lite for $70, a lightweight pad which fastens to the cot via velcro - won't slip out of place, and turns your cot into the moral equivalent of a pillowtop mattress in one a' them fancy schmancy Boston hotels. For each Cool Mat, we donate $10 to CO Fund.

PM or email me thru this forum, and we'll fix you up. I've used my cot on CO for 7 years, and wouldn't ride without it. You sleep suspended a few inches above the ground, with no pressure points at your hips or anywhere - even sleeping on your side. A few sticks, pine cones or meadow muffins under the tent (or water from a big rainstorm)? You float above it all, like sleeping on air. When not lollygagging about on it, flip it up against the tent wall, and you have the use of all of your tent, unlike those pestiferous inflato mattresses.

Part of my routine has become setting up the cot and taking a nice post-ride nap before heading off for the beer garden and the evening festivities; I go out knowing I will have a great nights' sleep before the next days' labors. For a video showing easy set up, search for "Luxury Lite cot" on YouTube.

Gordon from Eugene
*Eugene and Cycle Oregon are know for recycling efforts, so I have recycled text from last years' Cot Sales forum posting, to conserve precious electrons.
Tender Chunks

Re: Buy LuxuryLite cot - Support CO Foundation Work

Postby riding2live » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Bought mine three years ago before my first CO. NEVER travel without it. darn near fits in yer back pocket. I sleep better on my LL cot than my king size at home, but then I'm not fighting for space and covers with a 95 lb. Rott'n'Shepherd on CO. If you've have got one you should get one or even two.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby beaker-san » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Agree with riding2live. I got mine right before CO 2009, along with the mat, and I can't imaging camping without it now. It's expensive, but hey, you're paying the better part of a grand to bike, so why not sleep well?
beaker-san

Postby Force 5 Robert » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Ditto ditto! Had mind in 2006 and it is comfy comfy comfy sleeping! :)
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby Tender Chunks » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:31 pm

I've been conducting scientific research over the last 50 years, related to the hardness of the earth. Beginning in about 1958, I started sleeping out in the back yard with my older brothers. While I didn't understand the flashlights and those funny magazines, I noted the ground was quite soft, and easy to sleep on. I never even noticed when my mom carried me inside and plopped me down in my bed. Going forward, thru Cub- and Boyscouts and Camp Wid-gee-wah-gan, I slept on the ground all over the south and in California. It was a little harder, but not bad. Going into my 20's, I "slept around" in the Utah mountains and the red rock deserts, and in the Grand Canyon. I noted the earth was starting to "harden up", but only a little. Nothing a simple pad wouldn't fix. But over the last few decades, I have concluded that the rate of the hardening of the earth is increasing - ie, the graph is curving up! Not only that, but bunchgrass tufts, meadow muffins, the odd rock and pinecones are also becoming more noticeable.

I'm guessing this can be ascribed to ongoing bombardment of the earth by cosmic rays, solar flare effluvium, and probably global warming, with maybe acid rain thrown in for good measure. Be that as it may, the evidence is irrefutable - it is a hard world out there. But - once more into the breech - we thrust the answer to your soft parts looking for a good nights rest in a hard world, particularly after an even harder day. LuxuryLite cots. Endorsed by leading softies, and benefitting Cycle Oregon, numerous of the Cycle Oregon cognoscenti swear by them. Send me a PM, fork over the Yankee Dollars, and you too can ignore the ravages of time on the good earth. Let it harden up! You'll just float over it and awake refreshed and unbruised at 5am, ready to head into the cold coastal fog, coffee cup in hand, later to pedal forth into whatever that September day holds. :P
Tender Chunks

Postby ridewime » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 am

While I would like the Luxury Lite I am sure, a less expensive option is Big Agnes inflatable sleeping pads. They weigh in at less than 3 pounds, are about 6" long and 4" in diameter when packed and cost way less than the cots, Under $50.

We used them on the last 2 COs, we take them on trips where we may not like the beds(flying) and I use mine exclusively on any camping trip, car canoe, backpack.... Ours are insulated at the cost of slightly more money and a little more weight. Like I say, I would like to have the cot but I can't justify the money even if some does go for a good cause.

Not doing CO this year. Going to Tuscany instead. Probably take our Big Agies there too.
ridewime

Postby ridewime » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 am

While I would like the Luxury Lite I am sure, a less expensive option is Big Agnes inflatable sleeping pads. They weigh in at less than 3 pounds, are about 6" long and 4" in diameter when packed and cost way less than the cots, Under $50.

We used them on the last 2 COs, we take them on trips where we may not like the beds(flying) and I use mine exclusively on any camping trip, car canoe, backpack.... Ours are insulated at the cost of slightly more money and a little more weight. Like I say, I would like to have the cot but I can't justify the money even if some does go for a good cause.

Not doing CO this year. Going to Tuscany instead. Probably take our Big Agies there too.
ridewime

Postby maxanme » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 am

A better alternative is to donate directly to the Cycle Oregon Fund and if you're interested in Luxury Lite products, deal directly with the "ingenious Texans" themselves.
maxanme

Postby Tender Chunks » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:43 am

Naturally, people can buy direct from LuxuryLite, and also separately donate money to CO Foundation. (I encourage anyone to do the latter in any event.) The difference between the direct route and buying through this link is that for the same price you pay for a cot thru LuxuryLite direct, here $40 is donated to CO, due to the nice LL folks discounting the price for a good cause. The $40 is a charitable donation which you, the purchaser, takes credit for at tax time. Assuming you are going to donate to CO either way, the crass way of looking at it is that the cots are cheaper by $40 each thru this CO-sanctioned source. Same cots, same price, same warranty, same free shipping. These sales, since 2008, have generated several thousand dollars for CO Foundation.

After riding my 7th CO in 2007, I was looking for a way to give back to CO. I had bought one of these cots for my use in 2006. I broached the idea of cot sales as a fundraiser to CO, and we have been doing this each year since. I'm riding my 11th CO this year. (Using same old cot, and same old bike.)
Tender Chunks

Postby Leedo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 pm

How do these cots perform for those of us on the "big" side of the scale?

My stats:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 270 lbs.

Other compact cots I have tried in the past failed miserably.
Image - Leedo

A.K.A. Supergrover
My Blog: normalguytri.com
Twitter: @normalguytri
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leedo
Leedo

Postby Tender Chunks » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Normal Guy,
I'm about 6' 0.5", hover around 250#, have no probs with my cot. I personally like to have my feet hang off the end (just past ankles) as I find it more comfy. LuxuryLite says up to 300# plus, with all the feet/truss rods in. I still use an old cot (6 years old?) with 4 truss-rod bow thingies, and the new ones have six, so lots of excess capacity. Without getting to nerdly, one can double up rods for more lift, and also get taller leg thingamabobs. However, I've never had anyone not like them just as they come out of the bag. Still, lots of ways to adjust.

I'll contact you off forum, but if you are down Eugene way sometime, we could set one up and you can take a test nap, and thrash around different ways and see what you think. I've had some pretty big fellows check them out, and haven't seen anyone bottom out yet.

Mr. Chunks
Tender Chunks

Postby Tender Chunks » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 pm

OK, campers. Last call for LuxuryLite cots and pads this year. There is a small window left before we arrive at CO, wherein I can ship last orders for these bodacious items, in time for you to get them and set up once in your living room. See my previous posts in this thread for more info. If you want to take the plunge and sleep like a babe after your hard days night, PM me on this forum, and we'll set you up. They will not be for sale during the ride, although I could conceivably deliver to people on the arrival day (Saturday), in the afternoon. I have about 6 cots in stock (& pads). Do a nice thing for CO Foundation, and for your corpus.
Tender Chunks

Postby Shifty » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 am

Chunks, Do you remember the name of that restaurant you had dinner at in Waitesburg last year? I'm going to be in that area and I'm sure that I'll be hungry. Thanks!
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Postby Tender Chunks » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Oh, heavens! One of the best dinners I've had in a long time. Whoop 'em Up Hollow is the name. (Hard to forget.) We ate out on the patio, had a bottle of cab that the aunt of our server made just up the road. Being hungry didn't hurt, but it was great. I'd go way, WAY out of my way to go there again.
Tender Chunks

Postby Shifty » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Great, thanks!!
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17