Car Pooling to the ride

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Car Pooling to the ride

Postby Mitch » Tue May 24, 2011 9:54 pm

I live in the SF Bay Area, and am looking for someone driving from or through Northern CA who's interested in car-pooling to the ride.

It would be easiest for me if the other person has the car, and I pay the gas and help drive. (My wife & I only have 1 car, but she or I could rent a car.)

I'd think others might be interested in using this forum, too.
Mitch

Re: Car Pooling to the ride

Postby johnncarol » Mon May 30, 2011 9:20 pm

We will be leaving from Paso Robles (central coast) early Sat AM, doing the trip in one day. We are driving a two seat pick up with one bike (a tandem) and have room for two more. We will be headed up Hwy 5. If you don't find any other rides and it gets close to departure date, send me a message and I will see if we can work something out where I can pick you up near Sacremento. On the return we will be staying over night some place, depending on what time we get started.
johnncarol

Postby mytrot » Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 pm

JC
Got room for some Paso Cabernet?
One of my favorites!!

ELT
mytrot

Postby johnncarol » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Depends on whose Cab you are looking for. Ecluse 2008 is not available since the big award but his Reserve is. Forget any of the Saxum wines. I know the Smith's. but I can't get any. Chateau Margene makes a good Cab but I haven't talked to them lately so don't know what is available. A good mid price Cab is Eberle. Justin makes a Cab but I think it is priced way beyond the value. As you may know, we do better with Rhone blends and that is what most wineries do. That makes finding a single varietals like Cab difficult.
johnncarol

Postby Allyn Rice » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:44 pm

My spouse and I just returned from the Great Western Bike Rally in Paso Robles. Johnncarol, did you participate? The Great Western Bike Rally is a great and inexpensive way to spend the Memorial Day holiday. We rode from the Paso fairgrounds to Cayucos and back on Saturday. I sure hope there are no climbs like Old Creek Road this year in C.O. We stopped for a great recovery wine at Edward Sellers Winery on the ride back. A great find on a ride through the backroads of Paso Robles was the Sculptera Winery. The sculptures and statues were magnificant.
GBWR 11 Puma small.jpg

The wine there was pretty good too.
The world is not flat.
Allyn Rice

Postby johnncarol » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:38 pm

We don't participate in the GWBR. Since we live here and ride 3 or 4 days a week we ride all those routes on a regular basis. Old Creek is a real challenge. When you come out on hwy 46 there is another old road right across the hwy callled Santa Roas Creek. If you climb it from the Cambria side it has two stretches of 17%. Going out past Sculptera and then left on Geneso is one of our favorites. If you turn right on Union and hwy 46 and go down the hill and then go left on Estrella you would have seen one of the prettiest roads around here.

The cool temps and the wind are unusual for this time of year. We are all bitchin about the wind.

Glad you had a good time
johnncarol

Postby Mitch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:55 am

Hi John & Carol, and thanks for your generous & flexible offer! It's great to have this option (if a closer offer doesn't come through)!
Mitch

Postby MapMan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Mitch,
I live in San Francisco and also do not have a car available that week (my wife needs it). If you would like to split a rental if we don't find someone who can take additional passengers willing to help with gas/driving, that's an option for me.
MapMan (I also have been known to confirm locations with a GPS)
Ride on!
MapMan

Postby Mitch » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks, mapman! This works for me. I'll send you my contact info offline.
Mitch

Postby Quentin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey MapMan,

Interested in splitting that cost 3-ways? :)

SF SOMA resident here who also needs a ride from the bay up and back.

I'll PM you me contact info.

Cheers!
Quentin

Postby suziqt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:53 pm

We are not riding this year but if you need a floor, sofa bed or air mattress to sleep on the night before, our place is small, free and we are great hosts! We can sleep 3.
SuziQT
Eugene, Oregon
suziqt

Postby theresaAerickson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:22 pm

I am just one and was wondering if your offer would be OK for one? Theresa
theresaAerickson

Postby suziqt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Theresa,

We have been bombarded with folks looking for a place to stay. Where are you coming from? We are only an hour north of sutherlin.
syclesuzi@aol.com
Suzi-Q
suziqt

Postby mnellany » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:59 pm

I am looking for a ride from Northern California. I live in Santa Cruz. I'm willing to help with driving and the cost of fuel. Please let me know if you can help. :)

Thank you,

Michael

mnellany@gmail.com
mnellany

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17