Training Rides -- West of Portland and elsewhere

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Training Rides -- West of Portland and elsewhere

Postby lindyrides2010 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:55 am

Hi,

I trained a little with a friend last year, but did an awful lot of miles all on my own before CO 2010. I am looking for 1-3 people who would like to ride 1x (possibly more) out in the North Plains/Helvetia/West Portland area with a meet up time of 5:30pm (6pm if I can't find a few takers at 5:30) The other stipulations would include:

1) You are comfortable riding 15mi/hr on the flats and climb hills like Springville at 4-6mi/hr presently and would like to be at 6-8mi/hr by end of season. This also means if you ride 18-20mi/hr on the flats and take hills at 10mi/hr we are not a good fit.

2) You can make a firm committment to meet 1x a week starting the week of June 13 on a Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs. Fridays are my rest days; Sat/Sun are long ride days. If 1x a week is fun we could decide to meet up more often, but I don't want to hold anyone accountable to more than 1x a week.

3) You want to ride a combination of flats, rolling hills, and do some hill climbs. I might not include everything each week, but plan on starting out on easier routes and increase the rolling hills/hill climbs relatively rapidly as long as my leg strength and endurance keeps improving quickly.

4) You are currently in condition to ride 15-25mi the week of June 13 for our first ride.

5) Like most semi-organized rides, we are all responsible for having our gear in good working order, wear a helmet, and bring repair tools/supplies. Of course we'll help each other out if someone flats, but let's all be prepared so the repairs go quickly, which mean you should know how to maintain your own bike too.

If interested, send a private reply to this with your contact information and I'll be in touch this week. Hope there are a few of you guys or gals interested as I'd really enjoy knowing a few people going into CO this year that have similar riding skills/ability to my own. :D

Lindy
lindyrides2010

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17