Strangest/Most unusual roadside sightings?

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: Strangest/Most unusual roadside sightings?

Postby trekie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 am

Cycle Oregon 10 Nyssa to Yahats the second day climbing a 6 or 7% grade in the strawberry mountains I came around a corner to be face to face with a huge brown BULL.The forest service road was only maybe 12 feet wide and he was standing right in the middle facing me. There was barbed wire both sides within a foot of the edge of the road and no obvious way for the
bull to have gotten there. I balanced for a few seconds and then slowly
proceeded around no more than 5 feet apart as I passed he stared at me but never moved. I was standing and his head was higher than mine! When I got to the rest stop at the top of the hill no one had seen the bull. I waited
for a few minutes until my friend Peter got to the rest stop. He had been about a half mile behind and he never saw it either. As we discussed the situation Peter pointed at my jersey.I was wearing my bright red Spiderman jersey.
trekie

Postby trekie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 am

Several Cycle Oregon's I have been in the middle of nowhere and come around a corner to loud Greek music and belly dancer in full costume.
trekie

Postby Alex from Eugene » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:58 pm

I was riding on one of our country roads a couple of years ago and found a somewhat tattered pair of womens thigh high black vinyl boots with 8 inch spike heels. Appropriately enough, they were next to a sign indicating that it was a "wildlife area", so I draped the boots over the sign.... :lol:
Alex from Eugene
"work to eat, eat to live, live to ride, ride to work"
Alex from Eugene

Postby Seal Rock George » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Baby possum on the white shoulder line.
Seal Rock George

Postby Jackson » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:32 am

Middle of the Painted Hills, drove around the corner on an isolated section of road and found a CO rider straddling the center line taking a pee. You would think they would at least face away from traffic.
Jackson

Postby Rugbydad » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 am

I thought going to College in Ashland OR. in the 70's I would have seen it all but I was wrong. This pic was taken July 2011 at a Street Fair in Downtown Ashland. It is funny.This is a guy in Lace and a Bustier.

Rugbydad

Previous

Return to 2011 Week Ride - September 10-17