My 4 CO pleases

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

My 4 CO pleases

Postby capthawk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:58 am

1. Please, I do not want to hear, "We just ran out of chocolate milk" as I pull into the days finish.
2. Please, I do not want to hear, "WE just ran out of dessert" at dinner.
3. High school Sherpas who kindly unload the trucks. Please carefully remove bags from the top, instead of ripping handles off by aggressively pulling from stacked bags below. ( Yes, I will gladly unload bags myself like the olden days if that prevents handles being ripped off)
4. Finally You crazy folks who get up in the pitch black darkness to start your riding day, Please be aware that some of us DO NOT want to hear you loudly yacking about how cold it is, or your need for coffee, etc at 0430am!!! Thanks
It's always sunny at 35,000 ft
capthawk

Re: My 4 CO pleases

Postby mytrot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 am

I second and third number 4!!!

If you must be on the road before its light, please do it silently!
mytrot

Postby StarlightPurpleIF » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Don't let the blue room door slam in the middle of the night, no mater how tired and/or cold you may be.
StarlightPurpleIF

Postby Chuck B. » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:32 pm

StarlightPurpleIF wrote:Don't let the blue room door slam in the middle of the night, no mater how tired and/or cold you may be.

Amen to that one! Hang onto the door, and close it gently! Some of us are trying to sleep! :mrgreen:
The voices tell the stories. I just record them for posterity.

And the voices have some good ideas sometimes!
Chuck B.

Postby gcrays » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Ditto for talking on your cell phone late at night or early in the morning. Two pieces of nylon are not much of a sound barrier.
gcrays

Postby riding2live » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm

And you "LOGGERS" out there, you know you folks that snore loud enough to wake up the whole camp?

PLEASE remember to pack your sound proof muzzle.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby Shifty » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am

riding2live wrote:And you "LOGGERS" out there, you know you folks that snore loud enough to wake up the whole camp?

PLEASE remember to pack your sound proof muzzle.

I'm very grateful that the "loggers" responded to this request, I didn't hear snoring all week....THANKS! My friend in T&P wasn't so lucky, plus she had the same neighbor for the whole week :(

Chocolate milk was always there when I finished the day, however, several times it was frozen, but it was great for breakfast the next day :)

A please to CO for next year....Please have Karaoke From Hell come back for 2013!!! That was so much FUN!!!
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Postby grandpabent » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 am

I wish I had your problems.I had to cancel out this year for health reasons.Good quality ear plugs help somewhat.
grandpabent

Postby twojs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 pm

After three years of being bothered by snoring noise, I finally found the solution: swimmers earplugs. Found them at my Keizer Medical Pharmacy. They worked so well that I overslept on day two!
twojs

Postby johnncarol » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm

My wife is a real logger, she can make the tent walls flap in spite of the fac that she wears a mouthpiece. We didn't ride this year but last year I took along a whole supply of ear plugs for our neighbors. A few glasses of brew or wine plus the ear plugs certainly helps. A bad nights sleep can make the next day a very long ride.
johnncarol

Return to 2012 Week Ride - September 8-15