Post Ride Comments

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Post Ride Comments

Postby riding2live » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Great ride, yet again. I'd have preferred an ODS stop somewhere between Harrisburg and LUNCH instead of a Water Stop 2/3 of the way thru that 25 mile trek. The last ODS on the long route seemed wasted just 9 miles after a long restful delicious lunch (love the Jim's Bread).

Hope y'all had a great time. I'm am literally dead tired after fighting those headwinds but it was worth it for the feeling of accomplishment in finishing.

Thanks be for the overcast that kept the temp perfect for riding. Way better than up in the 80s and dehydrating.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Re: Post Ride Comments

Postby grin4joy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 am

We didn't do the long ride, but a friend who did sure told us about them! My husband and I had a great time, especially as our 1yr and 3yr granddaughters live in Corvallis :D My hubby who "doesn't like to ride" had such a great time he has told me he would like to plan on doing the weekend ride every year - baby steps to the week ride for him! My only concern was how spread out we were, especially as we had a tent trailer in the GIANT Reeser parking lot. Everything was so spread out across campus I never obtained that community biking feel that CO typically fosters.
grin4joy

Postby Jackson » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 pm

That can happen on a weekend ride. With the ride favoring campus stays (dorms) and school kitchen facilities, the camping location tend to get spread throughout the community. When these services are not available, the camp is much closer together.
Jackson

Postby boldaddy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm

One thing I wish I'd suggested in the email survey - With the families at the Weekend Ride, access to an OUTDOOR swimming pool would be great.
boldaddy

Return to 2012 Weekend Ride - July 13-15