2013 Regristration

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

2013 Regristration

Postby raftersteve » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:54 pm

CO traditionally does the route announcement and opens the sign up for the route on the same day. In the past it has been on line and in person sign up. For 2012 they switched to an online model only. This worked well enough.

I hope the powers that be will consider doing the route announcement one day then delaying the sign up for a few days.

This will help in a few ways

1) Give people a chance to digest the route
2) Still enable those of us that are local to go to the kickoff party
3) Not force people on the east coast to stay up until mid night to sign up

I know this is a hot issue I’m just sharing my thoughts. This came up today as OBR sign up is today it looks like it is about 80% of the CO 2010 route with a few changes. OBR pre-announces the route prior to sign up day.
CO '10,'11,'12,'13
raftersteve

Re: 2013 Registration

Postby jim_carson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:19 pm

It appears this is what they've announced on Facebook. Signup will be noon (PST) the day following the big shindig.

I looking forward to learning more about the 2013 route.
jim_carson

Re: 2013 Regristration

Postby raftersteve » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 pm

I should have just checked the main page... I'm so used to it being out of date.

Route Kick off Feb 5th, at Nike - no time posted
Registration opens Feb 6th at 12 noon PST.
CO '10,'11,'12,'13
raftersteve

Postby Jackson » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Entry is open at 6 PM with the announcement starting at 7 PM. With registration opening the next day, it will give everyone a chance to attend (if in town). Think about whether or not the ride will be difficult or if they will have enough time to train before signing up.
Jackson

Postby mytrot » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:42 pm

I think it would be better to delay a week and move it back to an evevning registration. A little more time to discuss with riding partners may eliminate some cancellations and the later time is better for west coasters (ie, oregonians....)

ELT
mytrot

Postby Force 5 Robert » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Hmmmm... This will be interesting as I am seriously going to make a play at going in 2013. I will have the funds in waiting and the time set aside so those issues will be non existent this time around.
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby seniorrider » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:05 am

sorry to be ignorant but who or what is OBR? What is their function?

seniorrider
seniorrider

Postby riding2live » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 am

SeniorRider, here's a link to OBR (Oregon Bike Ride) website and their upcoming ride etc.

www.bicycleridesnw.org/obr_itinerary.html
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby richmurr » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi,

I'm a cyclist living in UK, and am thinking of signing up for the ride - it looks like a great way to get into cycling touring in US.

From reading about last years tour it sounds although the registration process could be a bit of a stampeed, and it might not be that easy to get questions answered once the gates open. So thought I might try a couple here...

Can two people sign up together, or does everyone have to try separately?
Is it ok to registar with a non-US address ?
Do you need to pay everything up front?

Basically, can anyone who has signed up before come up with a registration ready checklist!? Or is this sort of thing covered in the presentation.

Any hints or tips appreciated.
richmurr

Postby Jackson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm

I believe you can register together regardless of where in the world each of you is from. Check the registration information on CO webpage. Up front payment is required at the registration process.

For tips on what to bring, pack etc., recommend http://www.cyclingsite.com
Jackson

Postby mytrot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Rich,
You may want to check on registration through the Contact link. I don't know if they area allowing "teams" or even two people to sign up together unless they are a tandem team. This is kind of new for all of us. The first time I signed up in 2008 registration had been open for 3 weeks! Faster each year.

Mostly have a credit card ready (not positive which ones they take other than VISA) and be ready to type fast!
mytrot

Postby loishill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Here are some bits of info you'll want to have handy when you register:
- names of any medicines you take
- clothing sizes (for the ride T-shirt)
- whether you want vegetarian meals
- if you'll need to book a spot on the Cycle O bus from Portland
- if you'll need a parking pass
- if you want to use the tent and porter service (highly recommended!)
- if you're shipping your bike and want Cycle O to help with logistics (packing/unpacking)

You can both sign up in the same session. You'll complete the form for Rider 1, then the form for Rider 2 and then you check out. Be sure to have all this info ready for all riders. Last year, I was ready to go at 9:00pm when registration opened and was finished in 9 minutes.
loishill

Postby funtimes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Rich,

I hope you get in.
Here are my tips for registering...

The best way to register is to have two computers (and two people) going and sign up simultaneously. If you have the luxury.

The best way to speed through registration is to not spend a lot of time deciding if you want to be on the bus or if you will need parking or if you need help with your bike. I am 95% sure those services can be added later and do not sell out.

Tent and porter DOES SELL OUT, so decide in advance if you want it.

Know your t-shirt size.

In my opinion the vegetarian meal plan is better food. So...
funtimes

Postby richmurr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks to all for the info. Hopefully all will go smoothly.
richmurr

Postby Cowboy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 pm

You can register for as many people as you want, but no one is guaranteed a spot until you pay. Even if it indicates spots are available when you start the process, by the time you check out someone may have taken that spot. My suggestion would be to have each person sign themselves up on a separate computer. If they can't do it, find someone to do it for them.
Cowboy

Next

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14