Registration website

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: Registration website

Postby StarlightPurpleIF » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 am

Sounds like someone went cheap to maximize profits.
StarlightPurpleIF

Postby StarlightPurpleIF » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 am

DonB wrote:In the future, I strongly urge the CO staff to stay away from any site that wants us to "setup an account" or save any of our information for a millisecond longer than necessary to complete the CO registration. preRace is obviously trying to build up a marketing list.

+1. I have had to create accounts with sites like Active.com in order to register for events. I can't stand that. I did my first CO in '02. Also did it in '05, '07 and again last year. It seems the event has become more "corporate"/commercial/pre-packaged over the years.
StarlightPurpleIF

Postby straightspoke » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 am

OK, OK, That's probably enough on this subject. We all agree, and CO has certainly heard our opinions. Let's start looking forward to September.
And it would be a good time to thank Steve Schultz for communicating during yesterday's fun. That was undoubtedly the longest day of his life, and we do appreciate that he and the CO staff are working hard for us!
straightspoke

Postby Seal Rock George » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am

I was able to successfully register for the weekend ride this morning. Took only minutes, and have already recieved email confirmation.
Seal Rock George

Postby ECoastSlug » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Cycle Oregon advises that PreRace will be sorting out registration issues, like duplicates and the resultant overcharges. Here's my question: Has anyone actually heard from PreRace? Had a duplicate registration removed and credited back to their credit card?
ECoastSlug

Postby magesh » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 pm

As of 1.50PM PST on 7th Feb, my second charge has not been reversed. And apart from the 'generic' email y/day from Prerace & CO, no other email has come in today.

M
magesh

Postby David R » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I just got a nice email form CO explaining what my expectations should be. Just for fun I checked my prerace.com account and it looks like they have fixed my duplicate registration issue. I have not checked my credit card but I'm fully confident that CO will do right by me.
David R

Postby cyclescottie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm

I see that prerace.com didn't have the balls to leave up all the angry comments posted by Cycle Oregon folks on its Facebook page. I put one on there earlier today and its been pulled down along with the dozen or so others that where there.
cyclescottie

Postby Entiat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am

cyclescottie wrote:I see that prerace.com didn't have the balls to leave up all the angry comments posted by Cycle Oregon folks on its Facebook page. I put one on there earlier today and its been pulled down along with the dozen or so others that where there.

Yep. That is the surest sign of a poorly run company. A well-run company would have used this to respond:

- We are so sorry. We totally screwed up and we know it.
- In fact, here is how we screwed up (A, B and C)
- Here is how we are going to fix things in the future: D, E and F.
- Again, we are sorry and we are taking definitive, public steps to fix things in the future. As a gesture of our sincere regret for what happened, you will find a ticket for one free glass of beer or wine in your packet when you check in for the ride in September, on us.

But instead, prerace proved that they are run by less-than-competent individuals by deleting all critical facebook posts. Bad move, prerace.
Entiat

Postby clwilli » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 am

You have to be concerned that CycleOregon hasn't come out and made a statement...this process is a mess. I think I am registered, but not sure. I am concerned that a company run this bad now has credit card info, etc. Not will to log on again and go thru the 'process' again. I feel like I have been processed...
clwilli

Postby riding2live » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey, I got my double billing credited back to my Visa Account (finally). I wrote PreRace on Monday of last week (politely) and requested the correction to "My Account." Plus after having been previously verified with PreRace I couldn't log in because an account with my e-mail had not been verified. Well, a week went by with not even a response nor a credit correction. Tuesday I sent them another notice (steam was rising from their computer as they read it). I got a quick response and that my account would be cleared up, my e-mail verified, and my Visa credited with the refund that same day. Kept checking and tonight (two days later) the money is back in my account (Yea!!!). I'd post my letter to them but......NAH!!!
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Previous

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14