Registration website

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: Registration website

Postby Cowboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 pm

We apologize for any inconvenience in the registration process. We are currently working with PreRace to solve the problem. People are getting registered, so keep trying. You may want to skip ordering additional products at this time. Again, we apologize and are working hard to solve this issue.
Cowboy

Postby dunshay04 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:56 pm

I think we finally registered 3 people using 2 different computers; 2 different credit cards. So far we have received 1 confirmation email (for the last person registered) and still waiting for the confirmation email for the other two.
dunshay04

Postby straightspoke » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 pm

That was awful. My blood pressure may come down again in time for September.
straightspoke

Postby Entiat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:00 pm

We apologize for any convenience in the registration process.

Lol. I am fairly certain that is, in fact, prerace.com's actual marketing slogan.
Entiat

Postby Clipinnow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Anyone get their confirmation e-mail?
"Equal rights for all, special privileges for none." - Thomas Jefferson
Clipinnow

Postby boldaddy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 pm

I got confirmation within a few minutes for my registrations (week and weekend) however, I am still waiting for them for my kids. maybe adding bike camp slowed them down. Fingers are crossed - without them I can't go
boldaddy

Postby Sam » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 pm

We have been trying on five computers for an hour. Is tent and porter sold out? If so, it is not worth wasting more time?
Sam

Postby DonB » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 pm

No confirmation yet. Discover sent me an email immediately saying "a large transaction has posted to our account". Not a word from preRace, though.

In the future, I strongly urge the CO staff to stay away from any site that wants us to "setup an account" or save any of our information for a millisecond longer than necessary to complete the CO registration. preRace is obviously trying to build up a marketing list.

I thought last year's signup system worked just fine. Plain, simple, functional, and the only problem I had was starting my sign-in about 9:31pm. :roll:

Web sites with too much flash and glitz are going to have problems with a registration like this one.
DonB

Postby funtimes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Entiat wrote:
We apologize for any convenience in the registration process.

Lol. I am fairly certain that is, in fact, prerace.com's actual marketing slogan.

Hilarious you are, I did not read it the way it is written, only the way it was meant to be read. hahahaha!
funtimes

Postby Sam » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 pm

I ended up paying for two registrations. Just emailed CO and asked them to cancel one. What a disaster!
Sam

Postby Shifty » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Cowboy wrote:We apologize for any convenience in the registration process. We are currently working with PreRace to solve the problem. People are getting registered, so keep trying. You may want to skip ordering additional products at this time. Again, we apologize and are working hard to solve this issue.
Please include a couple beer coupons in each registration pack and all will be forgotten....serious
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Postby ECoastSlug » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 pm

I am now two hours and 25 minutes in to my effort to register. Like many, I have used two computers, three browsers (Mozilla, IE, Google Chrome), and have tried to register as myself and as "someone else," as some have suggested. I have yet to get to a page that allows me even to input payment information. For the past 50 minutes I have been on a page that tells me: "We're experiencing a heavy volume of traffic. Your registration is being processed." Really, Cycle Oregon? Really?
ECoastSlug

Postby David R » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 pm

After 22 minutes It appeared like I had a succesfull registration. I checked prerace.com and it said I was bib #37. I can't tell you how many times I got kicked out of the system or got stupid error messages. I thought for sure that it would be sold out after 10 minutes. If I was truly numberr 37 after 22 minutes than this was a big failure on prerace.com's ability. Last year was very easy and smooth. I'm still trying to settle my nerves some 2 hours later and I still have not seen a confirmaiton email.
David R

Postby peejayemm » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:57 pm

After just short of four hours of trying, and after stripping out all of the extras (like the T and P waitlist--thank you) I get to the payment screen and get this helpful message (on three different cards):
Please correct the following errors:
The credit card you entered could not be processed. Please verify that the information is correct and try again.
Error:

BLURG! :evil:
peejayemm

Postby ECoastSlug » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

So, three hours into the process, I finally got registered. I too have had two registrations (and three tent & porters) charged to my credit card, for a total of over $3,000. What a mess!
ECoastSlug

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14