Registration Process

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: Registration Process

Postby Force 5 Robert » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Still no confirmation email. My cc shows wife and I charge as "pending"

Not sure why in 2013 an online event registration could go so awry. Why not go with Active.com or something where CO would be a SMALL event?
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby lars » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Registration fiasco had me concerned I would miss the cutoff. I already gave up a ride to register. I was very concerned when the site repeatedly rejected my Visa. The debit card worked OK.

And I realized too late that setting up an account with prerace.com might streamline the process - fill in all my info as soon as I logged in.

Looking forward to a great week. Essentially the reverse of the 2001 route. I like the two layover days. I hate to be packing up all the stuff too many times. I could see a week with three layover days....
lars

Postby IMFlying » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Very frustrating registration process today. I could not register using either Firefox or Internet Explorer. In fact I could never get to any of the actual registration pages.

Thanks to the poster who said he used the Chrome browser. I was able to get registered as late as 5:00PM PST using Chrome.
IMFlying

Postby mytrot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Lars,
pre-registering with the site was no benefit. They don't even take your address etc. All in all, one of the worst websites out there.
mytrot

Postby magesh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:40 pm

---- Double Charge ---

I got charged twice since I was not sure if my first browser went through and no emails showed up (no emails as of now either!!!). Hence redid the registration & same thing.

Decided to check credit card tnx & there it was; back to back charges from Prerace - but with nary an email. Emailed CO & got a canned reply asking me to 'keep trying' the registration.Yuck!

IE bombed; FF took me to the payment page; Chrome took me all the way through.

Now to 'battle' the reversal of charges.

Max
magesh

Postby Cowboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Here's the latest update:

1) The registration issue was caused by heavy traffic to our vendor's servers, which was compounded by people trying to register repeatedly.

2) Those who have successfully registered should have received a generic confirmation with Pre Race at this point (please check your spam folder if you don't see it). Otherwise, please try again.

3) Pre Race will handle duplicate registrations, no need to contact your credit card company or Cycle Oregon.

4) Detailed confirmations outlining specific purchases will be sent out in the next few days (jerseys, bus tickets, Tent & Porter, etc.). You will have the opportunity to make changes as needed on the Pre Race site.

5) At present, the ride has not sold out.

Again, we regret for the inconvenience and the frustration this has caused you. Obviously the immediate fix is beyond our control, but we're committed to doing everything we can to make it right. Thanks for your patience and ongoing support.

More details to come.
Cowboy

Postby mytrot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Will prerace get duplicates sorted out soon or just apply to 2014?........likely it will take them that long..... :D
mytrot

Postby grandpabent » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't know if anyone else has said it but the one positive about this years registration is that it did not fillup in 45 minutes.
grandpabent

Postby mytrot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

GB
maybe you should switch your handle to silver lining.....
mytrot

Postby funtimes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Cowboy wrote:Here's the latest update:
2) Those who have successfully registered should have received a generic confirmation with Pre Race at this point (please check your spam folder if you don't see it). Otherwise, please try again.

Try what again exactly? Registering? Because I have no confirmations, at this time, in any mailbox. But I see the charges pending on my Visa...so I am going to remain positive.
funtimes

Postby magesh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

@funtimes:
Login to prerace.com
Click on My Account
You will see Registrations as a tab. You should see your sign up with a bib #.

I don't believe there is a need for you to re-register. I made that mistake.

M
magesh

Postby Sam » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Not to complain too much, because I have faith that CO will make it right, I was charged FIVE times for one entry and T&P. The only reason I was trying to enter more than once was because I was getting error messages. I am confident that this will be fixed, but still have some trouble explaining to my husband the big credit card balance. I'm also unclear why prerace didn't expect a large volume at the time of signup.
Sam

Postby David R » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Check your spam file. I found a generic conformaiton there. It is in HTML code so it will be very hard to read. At this point there is no sense in beating a dead horse, They know things went poorly and they will fix the errors. It still has not sold out so no one is getting left behind at this point. It has been a very stressful day but it sounds like we will all be laughing together in John Day come Sept.
David R

Postby firetriguy99 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Howdy all,

After the most stressful reg day I've ever experienced I was able to register after five hours of trying. That is the good news but I was unable to reserve the tent/porter service that I usually use.

In my humble opinion everything from today should be thrown out with another reg. date and time announced. Too many nice people were unable to register today and this process needs to be fair.

Please don't keep the results of a flawed process intact, stating that it'll be better next year. Should be fixed (re-done) this year. Truly don't want to belabor this fiasco but needs fixing right now.

I have nothing but the highest regards for the CO staff and volunteers.

Bart Weatherly
CO admirer.
firetriguy99

Postby karlkras » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 pm

grandpabent wrote:I don't know if anyone else has said it but the one positive about this years registration is that it did not fillup in 45 minutes.

:lol: LOL! Yeah, I was just mentioning this in another thread... after giving up my attempts at registering on Wednesday and convinced I had no chance of going, I received a response to the email I sent to CO support (not a very friendly note, btw) and was told there were still open spots if I wanted to suck it up and register today. Low and behold I'm in.
karlkras

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14