CO Photographer's photos are uploaded

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

CO Photographer's photos are uploaded

Postby greglee » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Photos from the 8 days are at: http://www.cycleorgon-photoguy.smugmug.com They are in medium (large) format and it is taking awhile to upload from rural Rat Creek. Should all be in the folder by midnight.
Here is my two cents on digital downloads: Edit, edit, edit, delete, delete, so that you cull out dupes and just bad shots. Then if you have the program and are able, adjust and crop the good ones.
I see lots of riders taking photos all week and here are a few observations to get better pictures: Identify your subject and move yourself and or people to get the light where it works best, usually coming from behind the camera or from the side. Back light is ok sometimes for effect but you won't get faces. Try to avoid subjects in half sun and shade. Watch the foreground and background so it will add and not subtract from you picture. Walk up closer to your subject instead of zooming. Use fill flash often, exp when sun is overhead and you are shooting people up close. Know your camera settings, exp how to change the f-stop for depth of field focus and the ISO speed for low light. And lastly and most important, have fun and interact with your subjects. Don't be afraid to ask them to move (closer) or do something fun or cute again for the shot. Smile and get smiles back. Take Care
greglee

Re: CO Photographer's photos are uploaded

Postby straightspoke » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Great shots, and lots of fun to remember it all!
Thanks for posting these photos!
straightspoke

Postby DroneGuy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Great shots Greg! I don't see the one you sent me however. I would love to order a large format print of that one!
Thanks
Carl
DroneGuy

Postby greglee » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey Carl, Yes it may of not been uploaded until Fri. morning. It's there now #792. Thanks
greglee

Postby Hauckbc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Amazing! Thank You
Hauckbc

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14