Food

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Food

Postby RichardJ » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 am

Did anyone else find the food choices less than adequate this year? Most glaring were the breakfasts. No oatmeal, bread, rolls etc.? That's no way to prepare for a long ride. On Sunday I ate at a restaurant just to get some carbs that weren't fried.
RichardJ

Re: Food

Postby pumatracker » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:28 pm

I completely agree that breakfast did not fuel my ride. I thought there was a lack of variety at rest stops too. I did think lunch and dinner were okay.
pumatracker

Postby sveltlana » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:51 pm

I also found the food very deficient. Breakfast was the worst. A small spoonful of potatoes and eggs didn't get me very far into the day's ride. I don't eat bacon or sausage and asked for more potatoes, my request was denied, and then asked for more eggs, again my request was denied. I informed the server I didn't eat meat at which time I was given a an extra quarter serving spoon full of eggs. In dismay I asked the server if he would be able to do the day's ride on such a breakfast. He laughed and said he was doing as instructed. The other vegie meals were just as marginal. I wonder if the week ride menus are just as bad.
sveltlana

Postby Webstrider » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I agree as well about the food. I wish there had been more fresh fruit, especially bananas. I was actually looking forward to them on the Saturday ride first stop and missed them. Cherries were fine...for those who like cherries. Maybe ODS/MODA needed to cut costs this year? And breakfast was okay, but more carbs would have been good.

And can we please eat inside and not in a tent? Or at least more options for those who want to eat inside?

Otherwise, GREAT RIDE again this year! Thanks, CO!
Webstrider

Postby Force 5 Robert » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:17 pm

The oatmeals and bread absence was fine for me. Carb crash after a few hours into the ride? No thanks. I would welcome some more bacon, please.

8)
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby RichardJ » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:21 pm

sveltlana wrote:and asked for more potatoes, my request was denied, and then asked for more eggs, again my request was denied.

I had the same experience with the pasta. Rationing pasta? That's the cheapest thing on the menu.
RichardJ

Return to 2013 Weekend Ride - July 12-14