Now that we've been - places to stay on return

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Now that we've been - places to stay on return

Postby aktiv » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:31 am

Something that came to me after leaving that wonderful lodge in Sisters that allowed us to camp there - I think a running list of places to stay along this year's route for those that want to come back (and maybe ride on their own!) would be a nice idea. I would like to start and very much hope that others take the baton on this:

Sisters
FivePine Lodge
I was impressed with the grounds and the proximity to the city. Their rates seem reasonable. Has anyone stayed there?

Oakridge/Westfir
Westfir Lodge
We stayed there during the Oakridge overnight; it's right across from the first Day 6 water stop. Very oldschool B&B and worth it. Not all rooms have their own bathroom, but most do.

Along the drive to 138, during the more gentle downhill portion, a fellow sagger that lived near the area recommended two inns that were along the river; unfortunately, I didn't get their name. Can anyone make a recommendation along the river?

Finally, has anyone on the forum stayed in the Diamond Lake resort?

Cheers

Keith.
aktiv

Re: Now that we've been - places to stay on return

Postby Shifty » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:42 am

aktiv wrote:Something that came to me after leaving that wonderful lodge in Sisters that allowed us to camp there - I think a running list of places to stay along this year's route for those that want to come back (and maybe ride on their own!) would be a nice idea. I would like to start and very much hope that others take the baton on this:

Sisters
FivePine Lodge
I was impressed with the grounds and the proximity to the city. Their rates seem reasonable. Has anyone stayed there?

Oakridge/Westfir
Westfir Lodge
We stayed there during the Oakridge overnight; it's right across from the first Day 6 water stop. Very oldschool B&B and worth it. Not all rooms have their own bathroom, but most do.

Along the drive to 138, during the more gentle downhill portion, a fellow sagger that lived near the area recommended two inns that were along the river; unfortunately, I didn't get their name. Can anyone make a recommendation along the river?

Finally, has anyone on the forum stayed in the Diamond Lake resort?

Cheers

Keith.

One of those on the Umpqua River (highway 138) may be the Steamboat Inn, which is just past the spot were we had lunch, before starting up Canton Creek Road. The lodging is nice, but the resturant is superb!!

Another worthy of mention is the Holiday Resort in Rainbow, it is just across the street from the little covered bridge over the McKenzie River at the end of the Aufderheide ride. Stay there one night, ride Aufderheide, then stay at the Westfir B&B, how nice would that be?
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Re: Now that we've been - places to stay on return

Postby aktiv » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:49 am

Shifty wrote:One of those on the Umpqua River (highway 138) may be the Steamboat Inn, which is just past the spot were we had lunch, before starting up Canton Creek Road. The lodging is nice, but the resturant is superb!!
I remember the name - Steamboat Inn is one of the two - thanks!
Shifty wrote:Another worthy of mention is the Holiday Resort in Rainbow, it is just across the street from the little covered bridge over the McKenzie River at the end of the Aufderheide ride. Stay there one night, ride Aufderheide, then stay at the Westfir B&B, how nice would that be?
Do either of the inns provide sag support?

Keep'em comin' folks.

Keith.
aktiv

Postby Shifty » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:56 am

The area around our Rainbow stop is rich with beautiful lodging. One of the best is Belknap Hot Springs, it is just across from the road to McKenzie Pass, so you can stay there and ride the pass road and Aufderheide. I also stay there during ski season, there is great XC skiing nearby on Satiam Pass, then come back for a soak in the hot spring pools.
http://www.belknaphotsprings.com/

Another option is to stay in Eugene and ride Dorena/Brice Creek, Aufderheide, McKenzie Pass, Wolf Creek and go wine tasting too. Lot's of B&B's, hotels, motels, resturants and bakeries.
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

places to stay

Postby suziqt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:38 pm

Another option is to stay in Eugene and

Darn! I live in Eugene. I was tempted to ride home for some clean clothes, soft bed and indoor plumbing!
QT
suziqt

Return to 2007 Week Ride - September 8-15