Next years route?

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Next years route?

Postby John A Campbell » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:59 am

Summing up from another thread (Let the rumors fly)
Keep it challenging, distance is about right with 3-5 days climbing.
Everybody really is different so lots of variety is good.
It just wouldn't be the same without a triumphant last day arriving at a new place.

So what did they mean by "less camping" and "more time in communities"? I think it means a couple multiple day stays.
So here is my guess. A couple of days in one place, two hard days covering lots of miles, two more days in one place, triumphant last day arrival.

I'll even make a guess. The NW part of the state has been ignored for a while. It is kind of hard to get around Portland. So a couple of days not far from the coast, someplace like Beaver with day trips to Tillamook or three capes loop. A transition day to someplace in the Willamette Valley, over the coast range, maybe Stayton. Another transition day to someplace on the Columbia River over the Cascades, maybe the Dalles. Two days there followed by a triumphant procession to Hood River.

OK, it's probably completely wrong but does anybody else have a way to fill the time until February?

John
John A Campbell

Postby slv0700 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:14 am

NW would be good route, but too many layover days. The one layover
day for the 3 or 4th day works well for people and the miles per day
work well. 100 miles per day is quite enough for anyone.
slv0700

C.O. 2008

Postby DougB » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Think figure 8 and SE :wink:
DougB

Postby David R » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:41 am

Anything close to Portland is very unlikely. CO heard loud and clear that no one wanted to ride anywhere near Portland. They won't go back to NE for a while, 3 of the last 5 CO's have been in or started from the NW. I would think that we are real ripe for a east/west or north/south state transit but Johnathon's words don't seem to support that idea. My guess is John Day / Prineville area but I'm hopping for riding the Steans.
David R

clueless

Postby John A Campbell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:00 am

I posted some questions about the kickoff party under the heading "clues for the clueless". Will someone help me out?

Thanks,
John
John A Campbell

Return to 2007 Week Ride - September 8-15