Clues for the clueless

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Clues for the clueless

Postby John A Campbell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:56 am

I decided to go to this years kickoff party, and I suppose I'll visit my brother while I'm there. He happens to live in Portland. ;-) This will be my first kickoff party and I don't have a clue what to expect. Will you help me out?

Can I sign up for the 2008 ride that night?
Do I need some kind of invite?
Does it cost anything?
Can I bring my brother?
Do any of those answers change because I rode last year? (awesome route)
What time does it start/end?

Thanks,
John
John A Campbell

Postby Red Zinger » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi, John--

This forum hasn't been very active lately. I logged in to see if there was any interest in helping the community of Vernonia following the flooding, and saw your questions. I might be able to help a little, although we haven't been able to attend the party for a couple of years.

You can indeed sign up for the ride the night of the party. Last time we were there, the excitement was so intense it was a real feeding frenzy!

If you rode last year, you will get an invitation (notification) to the party when the date gets closer.

You don't have to pay to attend, but when we went, there was a cost for food and drink, plus there were lots of things for sale.

You can bring your brother.

I don't know about the start/end times, but that will be posted on the Cycle Oregon website, plus it will be on the notification you get in the snail mail.

If I've led you astray, I hope someone will set us both straight!
Red Zinger
Red Zinger
Red Zinger

Postby David R » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:34 am

I'd say you got it pretty much right.

If you can make it, it will be a good time. If not, you'll get the details in the mail or off the web site.

The forum will probably rev up again after the kickoff party.
David R

Postby Jackson » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:59 pm

The kick off party is open to all. Food and beverages are for sale if you haven't eaten before attending. The doors open around 6 PM and the presentation begins at 7 PM. Immediately following the presentation, you can sign up for the ride. If you use tent and porter, this is the time to register. If you cannot attend the kick off, registration opens on-line at the same time following the presentation.

There are displays as well as items to purchase other than the ride entry. Clothing, bicycle gear as well as bicycles.

Kick Off Party - January 31, 2008 NIKE TIGER WOODS CENTER

Parking lots available for cars and bicycle parking inside.
Jackson

Return to 2007 Week Ride - September 8-15