First 500 Guaranteed Registration at Kick-off

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

First 500 Guaranteed Registration at Kick-off

Postby funtimes » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:27 pm

So, if I attend the kick-off early and get my guaranteed registration code...and I always register myself plus a partner, will my partner have the same guarantee?
funtimes

Re: First 500 Guaranteed Registration at Kick-off

Postby Jackson » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 am

Probably not. Volunteers will be handing out vouchers as people arrive. Anytime something new is introduced there will always be issues. For confirmation, I would send that question directly to CO (info@cycleoregon.com). The codes will only be valid until midnight on the 5th.
Jackson

Postby Force 5 Robert » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Oh my - I can say that I will be there early! :shock: 8)
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby MooMan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:20 pm

I noticed this exchange in the comments regarding the article about the Kick-Off party in the blog section of this site:

Cindy Terry
January 11, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Can I register my husband with myself, if he can’t get away from work to join me at the kickoff.

Cycle Oregon
January 13, 2014 at 4:07 pm

You’ll be able to register another rider, the site will be available to pre-register riders and we will open up that function about a week before the kickoff.
MooMan

Postby Jackson » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Yes, you can register multiple riders. What I'm not sure is if the coupon code for the first 500 through the door is good for multiple riders. Still worth asking CO to clarify.
Jackson

Postby Force 5 Robert » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 am

Wha???? -

"...the site will be available to pre-register riders and we will open up that function about a week before the kickoff."

So am I to take this to mean that people will be getting signed up for the ride even BEFORE the kickoff party? :?
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby Jackson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:41 pm

That confused me as well. I'll check into it myself. Guessing that they are allowing people to fill out the forms but no register until it opens fully to everyone.
Jackson

Postby JohnB » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Force 5 Robert wrote:Wha???? -

"...the site will be available to pre-register riders and we will open up that function about a week before the kickoff."

So am I to take this to mean that people will be getting signed up for the ride even BEFORE the kickoff party? :?

IANAL*, but I read that as saying that you will be able create an account/login/password in advance, on the website they will eventually be using for the actual CO signups (on Wednesday, February 5th after 9:30 pm PST, etc. etc. etc.)

Maybe someone official from CO can chime in and clarify.

John

*I Am Not A Lawyer
JohnB

Postby Jackson » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Here's what I found out:

One coupon, one rider and only for the Week Ride. Does not guarantee T&P.

Pre-registration means filling out personal information/waiver in order to save time and stress at checkout. You will also be able to check out the registration process, but the buttons will not be live until 9:30 following the kick off.

One person can sign up for an account and register multiple riders under that account. The account holder will have to pay the entire amount for all riders they have registered, but the bill will be broken out by rider. The account holder could give access to other riders so that they can pre-register. All information for all riders must be fully completed for checkout to go through.

Hope that helps.
Jackson

Postby funtimes » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:06 pm

This pre-registering thing was available last year, too...I did it but it didn't actually help me because the pre-race web site was dysfunctional. I will do it again this year, and hopefully won't have the same issues.
funtimes

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13