Registration Opens 2/14 - 12:00PM PST

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Registration Opens 2/14 - 12:00PM PST

Postby Cowboy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Registration will open 12:00 p.m. PST February 14, Valentine’s Day.

If you received a coupon code at the Kickoff Party, it is still valid. It will be good for 24 hours – 12pm on the 14th to 12pm on the 15th. It is good for one person and for the week ride only.

If you haven’t already set up an account in our system, you can still do that now at register.cycleoregon.com so that it’ll be a much faster process come February 14.

You can enter all your information, not just your name and email. Click Ride Profiles on the left hand side bar, then hit View/Edit, then Add Rider Info. You will not be able to access Rides, Services or Merchandise until registration is fully open at noon on the 14th.
Cowboy

Re: Registration Opens 2/14 - 12:00PM PST- strange time choi

Postby SteveL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Maybe there are others out there who aren't voicing what I feel, so I'll go ahead. I'm completely behind having the registration go as smoothly as possible. Nevertheless, shifting the time to noon on a work day seems to shift the demographic of those who might be able to register successfully compared to opening registration at 9:30 PM on a weeknight. I'd wager that there's a pretty solid majority of people who might want to register who work at a work week day job. If the ride stays open for weeks, then it's no issue; everyone has a fair chance. If the ride fills in 41 minutes, and you were going to be on a plane from Portland to Chicago leaving at 11:30 AM, you're SOL with no alternative. Not sure that there is an ideal way to handle this, but noon on Friday (and peripherally, Valentine's day) seems a poor choice among the alternatives. :(
Steve Levenberg
Back for the 20th time!
SteveL

Re: Registration Opens 2/14 - 12:00PM PST

Postby badger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 pm

So maybe I am the only one who feels like this but I have got to say one thing….I think that no matter what date or time or what route CO chooses they are sure as heck not going to please everybody anywhere anytime or all the time!….so what can they say, do or choose. They are doing the best they can! As long as they please 2000 of us then, that is GREAT!! I have been pleased the past 8 years and hope to make it nine, but not sure that I will be able to do it this year for other reasons that I will not go into…..
badger

Postby mytrot » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 am

SteveL - I tend to agree with you. Mid Friday on a 3 day weekend that also happens to be Valentines day is not an optimal choice. Granted, you can not please everyone but a few more days delay would not hurt.

But you do have options. Find a friend to sign you up. If you have pre-registered it should not be difficult.

Toggle the forum for someone who has a guaranteed spot that can focus on yours first!
mytrot

Postby Force 5 Robert » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 pm

I will have to actually find wifi access that day at that time I just realized. Hmmmm. I will not actually be anywhere near that unless I happen to be able to sneak away and find another building to be in that has wifi.

Thank goodness I have one of the "first 500" postcards!

:shock:
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby souki911 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Do you know how much the bus ride will be? And what the long-term parking was last year? We're trying to decide if it's going to be cheaper to rent a car and drive to The Dalles, or take the bus from the Sheraton. There's going to be 5 of us.....suggestions? :shock:
souki911

Postby Jackson » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Parking usually runs about $30 a little more if purchased at time of the event. Bus ride shouldn't bee too expensive since the start and finish are relatively close to Portland. 2 hour bus ride each way.
Jackson

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13