Any other Green-Team Volunteers?

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Any other Green-Team Volunteers?

Postby m6iles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:58 pm

This is my first year as a volunteer and I wasn't able to attend the volunteer meetings (I live in Newport)...I have questions about transportation between sites, parking passes for us and whether I need to find a Sherpa for my luggage each day? Anyone out there able to fill me in?
Mary G
m6iles

Re: Any other Green-Team Volunteers?

Postby Jackson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 am

There is local school kids to help with bags. The volunteer camping area may have a twist to the luggage but I'm not sure.
Jackson

Postby kirsten » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:00 am

In my experience as a volunteer, there are a lot of other volunteers going site-to-site that you can get a ride with. Bring your luggage with you, instead of using the baggage trucks. Most likely you'll be able to drive close to the volunteer camp to drop off luggage, but you might need to carry it a little way, depending on the site. Occasionally the volunteer camp is nowhere near the other tents so there aren't any kids around to help.

Chris @ Cycle Oregon can answer other questions for you.
kirsten
Site Admin

Postby m6iles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 am

Thank you for your kind replies! :D

After I recovered from my brain-fart I remembered the volunteer packet that Chris had sent to me, which has contact information for other volunteers in it. I was able to contact my team leader and got all of the information I needed.

I can't wait for CO 2014 to begin! See y'all soon,
Mary
m6iles

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13