What a week

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

What a week

Postby lars » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:18 am

The route was memorable. Who will forget the descents back into the Columbia Gorge on Monday or the after lunch descent on Tuesday? Or the climb up the Pelton Damn road on Wednesday?

Weather was near perfection. Not a drop of rain or a cloud. Was there a cloud on Monday morning? I don't remember. I'll soon forget my numb hands on Friday and Saturday mornings. They only lasted to the first climb. And the wind storm in Dufur is just a memory.

Food? It was CycleO. Good and too plentiful. I always think I'm loosing weight and come home with a few more pounds than I left with.

Or the "power tree" on the light pole in Tygh Valley.

Now to update my packing list for next year to eliminate some weight from the bag. Finally let the foot I broke 4 weeks ago heal. And heal my aching butt...
lars

Re: What a week

Postby bogiesan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 am

A typically stellar performance by Cycle Oregon's staff and crew and contractors. My thanks and congratulations to all.

Yes, even with a few chilly mornings, the weather could not have been better.
RTFM
bogiesan

Postby Force 5 Robert » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:14 am

Is it February yet?

8)
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby Jackson » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Better than most for me. Ride was beautiful. Weather was nearly perfect. Riders were courteous to drivers and fellow riders. My fellow volunteers outdid themselves again. But I need a break before the next one.
Jackson

Postby funtimes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:01 pm

I enjoyed this ride, as well as the other four I have been on.
The route design was exquisite and difficult. The weather was cooperative, and even the fires were far enough away. No traffic. Spectacular vistas. Long lingering sunsets and evening light with a full moon. Needed some special assistance and had no trouble getting it. Thanks Cycle Oregon!
funtimes

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13