CO add ons. A cottage industry?

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

CO add ons. A cottage industry?

Postby lars » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Over the last several years I've noticed a growing group of offerings centered around CO. It could be argued Tent and Porter falls into the category.

Services that will transport your bags, set up tents, provide additional services such as end of ride snacks, beer, massage,etc. Possibly specialized meals. I assume they participate as 'rider guests' but I could be wrong.

Has anyone partaken in any of these services? What are the costs? Perceived benefit?

I don't include Candlelighters in this group because they have a different focus.
lars

Re: CO add ons. A cottage industry?

Postby Jackson » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:51 pm

There was a group one year that hired a masseuse to drive their RV and provide personal massages nightly.
Jackson

Re: CO add ons. A cottage industry?

Postby Entiat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:36 pm

We hired one of my wife's employees to drive our RV in 2014. Our driver brought her boyfriend and they made a vacation out of it. We paid them a few hundred $$s and food for their time. (we also picked up a horse trailer we had on consignment in eastern Oregon that didn't sell for the last 8 months...so they had to learn how to pull a horse trailer for the last two days, lol).

Considering that *my* wife strongly requests we have the RV (she hates tent camping), the benefit to this is obvious :-)

I also think most non-spouse RV drivers are paid.

As far as other services, there are people who run private T&P services for groups. You arrive in camp and your tent is set up and bag inside. I've heard $200 for such services, but I don't know for sure and I don't have any contact for anyone who does this. (start posting on the 2015 thread when it opens...)
Entiat

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13