The mug comes home!

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

The mug comes home!

Postby Routearrows » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:32 pm

The wait is almost over! It was twelve short years ago when I first stopped at "The Blue Banana" in Lostine and purchased a medium Mocha. It feels like the blink of an eye looking back now. To commemorate that moment on CO, XVI, my second tour, I also bought an azure plastic coffee mug with a stainless steel liner, a travel lid on top and the "Blue Banana" logo on the side. I've kept that mug safe in my cups cabinet and occasionally in my thoughts for these past dozen years. When I watched the route announcement this past February and saw we're going back to that delicious "Hells Canyon" route from 2003, I went straight to my cups cabinet and held that mug and remembered that day. The mug hasn't been used very much, but it did need a little repair. A rusted rivet on the bottom has now been glued and the liner resealed. I will be carrying this mug back to Oregon, to CO XXVIII, back to the Blue Banana in Lostine. It will be with me for morning coffee and with me on my bike, every day. This mug is coming home!
Routearrows

Re: The mug comes home!

Postby straightspoke » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 am

Yay! No doubt the mug is very pleased too!
straightspoke

Re: The mug comes home!

Postby yo mamma » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:10 pm

wow. that's a real cool story, bro
yo mamma

Return to 2015 Week Ride - September 12-19