Question on the Tent and Porter service

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Question on the Tent and Porter service

Postby slioch2000 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi--thought I would try here as my query to the folks at CO has gone unanswered.

I'm splitting a T&P that's in my friends name. Does anyone know if it will be a problem if I register for the T&P Saturday (if it is in my friends name)?

Thanks!

Mike
slioch2000

Re: Question on the Tent and Porter service

Postby lars » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:14 pm

An official answer will need to come from CO.

I have worked T&P registration on Saturday for 4-5 years. This is actually a common situation.

Will you be arriving before your friend? Will you be arriving together? Can you get your friend to email CO and tell them you will be sharing the tent with you - try to get you on the record.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment...
lars

Postby Jackson » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:25 am

Your friend will be assigned a tent number. Once you have that, you can take your bags to that number. If you arrive early and CO doesn't know that your splitting the tent, you'll need to wait to be assigned one. If they arrive early, you can ask what number they have for directions.

If you are traveling in a group, multiple tents, check in together to get tents near each other.
Jackson

Postby slioch2000 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks--that sounds reasonable.

My particular situation is that my friend won't be arriving for the ride until Sunday AM. But I'll be arriving Saturday--so I need to do the registration (plus need a place to sleep).

Mike
slioch2000

Postby Entiat » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:04 am

...and if, somehow, it all goes kablooey and they can't get you a tent, wander over to the RV side of camp with a bottle of Eola Hills wine. Find a beat-up old Gulfstream RV with a Cervelo leaning against it. We keep a couple extra tents in the RV and would be happy to rent one to you for said bottle of wine :D
Entiat

Postby Jackson » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Have your friend who is registered for the tent call or email CO and let them know that you are authorized to use the registration for the tent. Chris should be able to work it out so you have a place to sleep.
Jackson

Postby straightspoke » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 pm

Jackson,
My wife is dropping me off this year. Is there a short term parking plan so she can hang out awhile on Saturday PM before she gets back on the road?
And do we know an official body count from this year's registration department?
Thanks and I'll see you there!
straightspoke

Postby Jackson » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:21 am

There's no short term lot that I'm aware of. She will be directed to the long term lot which is just over the freeway from the school. Notify the attendant that you will not be staying overnight and they will most likely have a parking location set up for this purpose. There is no room at the site for drop offs of any kind.
Jackson

Return to 2016 Week Ride - September 10-17