Forum

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Forum

Postby Jackson » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Is it worth keeping? CO is getting ready to revamp their web page. Is the forum useful or are the other media outlets enough? Please let them know.
Jackson

Re: Forum

Postby badger » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I enjoy checking out the forum almost everyday. I think it helps out a lot of newbies who have questions about the rides. Why would they discontinue it? Great for exchanging info. Keep it please, I can't imagine that it costs much....
badger

Postby juliah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 am

I hope CO keeps the forum. It's the only place that enables and preserves a well-organized discussion of issues. Thanks to everybody who monitors and contributes to this resource.
juliah

Postby joec2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:30 am

Without this forum, how does the ridership become aware of changes to ride policy and other ride logistic information? I would think the forum takes some load off the information line for people having questions about the ride. I noticed after the last web upgrade that the CO management contact info was removed from the Contact link on the week main page footer. Now the forum is being considered for elimination? Hmmm, seems like CO wants to become more insulated from it's ridership...thanks for the posts and support on the road John...
joec2

Postby Penguin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 pm

I find the forum very useful.

Not everyone is into social media. Facebook and Twitter have their followers and definitely has a place in CO. However, it is a bit harder to keep track of topics and discussions on them.

The forum is well organized and easy to use.

Even if maintaining the forum sites is extra work for CO staff, I encourage you to find a way to keep them. If assistance is needed to do that, I'm sure there is a follower out here you could probably donate the time to assist in that chore.
Penguin

Postby Entiat » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Keep it. It's not hard (unless the techs did something unfortunate like roll their own forum software...). Every year some number of n00bs finds the forum to get their questions answered. And it helps keep (some of) us veterans in touch through the other 51 unimportant weeks of the year :-)
Entiat

Postby Cyclops » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Ditto everything said here. I seldom chime in but I often check the Forum to find out what fellow riders are interested in or concerned about. It facilitates a different kind of discussion and interaction than the Twitter or Facebook alternatives. Please keep this.
Cyclops

Postby Hardbike » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:01 pm

My vote is to keep the forum. I don't use social media and the forum is my only contact. Hope it stays.
Hardbike

Postby Force 5 Robert » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:25 pm

It would be nice to see it stay. People post here for rides to and from the ride and without it that resource will be lost. That said a lot of conversation in forums nowadays have migrated to Facebook. The problem with FB is that things are gone after a few days and not searchable. There is a wealth of information on this forum.

I imagine it would be more active (again) if it were promoted a bit more.

Robert
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Return to 2016 Week Ride - September 10-17