Ride for Mark

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Ride for Mark

Postby Jackson » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Cycle Oregon director Jerry Norquist is organizing a Bike Ride for Mark Bosworth. The ride will be 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 1, beginning and ending at North Portland’s Peninsula Park, 700 North Rosa Parks Way. Norquist and Mark’s family hopes the ride will help raise awareness about his disappearance.

I haven't heard back on the details of the ride other than what is posted above. My guess is that it will be family friendly and relatively short. Since I haven't been riding, that will be good for me as I plan on attending.

John
Jackson

Re: Ride for Mark

Postby Jackson » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 am

The ride will wind 9.6 miles along North Portland streets and paths. Following the ride, people are encouraged to have a picnic lunch at the park.
Jackson

Postby admin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 am

Here's a PDF map for the ride:
http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/uplo ... ssRide.pdf
See you there!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackson » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Ride went well for me. Stopped at a few key intersections to help with directions. Lost the map twice, found it once. Was held up by a stopped train blocking the bike path (option course) but followed a group back to Portland Blvd to use the bridge over the tracks to get back on the course. Good level ride.

John
Jackson

Postby Jackson » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:24 pm

About 80 people showed up to ride. The media was there as well. Hope that the gathering helps to find Mark. Saw several riders who had placed the missing flyer on their jackets stop along the route to post those same flyers.
Jackson

Return to Northwest Rides