Ride Around Clark County. (RACC) May 3rd, 08

Postby Brian C » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:31 am

RACC. Ride Around Clark County.

Saturday May 3rd
Clark College Hanna Hall
1820 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, Washington

Distances of 18, 34, 65 and 100 miles.

Traditionally the season opening century in the greater Portland Metro area.

I’ll be there for my 8th RACC century.

Day of ride registration and course opens at 6:30 AM.
$20.00 pre-registration fee for Non-Vancouver Bike Club members.

http://www.vbc-usa.com/RACC.html

The 100 mile course offers 4880 feet of elevation gain along with 3-rest stops. Food and the usual water/sports drinks.

The roads are usually quiet from the first rest stop until you get back to Felida, with very nice views of the rolling hills in Northern Clark County. There are numerous rollers and climbs along this course with lengths up to 1-mile.

The final 10 miles offer up two short killer climbs on NW 36th (Felida) and NW Bernie Drive. (15+%)

About 700 cyclists showed up for this ride last year. Be prepared for early morning cold (6:30AM start) and possible rain as it did last year after 4:00PM.

This is a good challenging opening season century to test your legs early.
Good Riding

Brian C
Brian C

Postby stephcycles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:27 pm

I may be doing this ride!
stephcycles

Postby Brian C » Sun May 04, 2008 9:51 am

RACC # 8 in the books. What was suppossed to become a sunny day with temps around 60 turned out to be a cool gray day with intermittent rain throughout. The rain held off on the early riders who stated at 6:30/7AM or at least I didn't get any, save an occasional sprinkling but it never really heated up.

As always the rest stops had plenty of food and the support staff was friendly and helpful.

Tons of cyclists at DayBreak Park where the metric and full centuries riders join up for the final 24 miles to the end.

A good opening century for this season.

Next up, the Yakima Ridges Ride.
Good Riding

Brian C
Brian C

Postby stephcycles » Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 am

Sounds great! I love that you post rides on the forum. I almost forgot about Monster Cookie if not for your post reminding me. I run with a group on Saturdays so I decided to stick with that this time. I wish there were more Sunday rides. I'm always up for a ride on a Sunday.

Today is a beautiful day for riding!
stephcycles

Return to Northwest Rides