Reach the Beach

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Reach the Beach

Postby Jackson » Sun May 18, 2008 7:30 am

Did anyone do this ride? This is the first time in several years that I hadn't participated. The weather seemed hot here in town, what was it like at the beach?
Jackson

Postby Maria KE7PFM » Mon May 19, 2008 10:43 am

This was my first experience with Reach the Beach and I participated in the SAG vehicle. The weather was definitely hot but the riders did great in spite of this. As you can imagine, we kept busy most of the time. Gorgeous route!
Maria KE7PFM

Postby slv0700 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:36 am

The weather was perfect ! Perfect ride all the way !!!!
slv0700

Postby MarbleMtn » Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Wonderful day for riding. Really not too hot as there was fair amt of shade in the afternoon and very nice light breeze off the ocean at the end.
Absolutely fantastic evening sitting on the beach in Pacific City.

Clyde
MarbleMtn

RTB This Year

Postby wayneh » Tue May 20, 2008 9:31 pm

This was my third year doing RTB, and overall the best weather of the three. They've re-routed the beginning to keep us off 99W, which means more climbing to start from Portland but worth it. It did get quite warm as we crossed through Lafayette and Amity into Sheridan, thank goodness for the cool mister at that rest stop, and the gel shots I brought with me.

The headwinds came up in the afternoon, but once we hit highway 101 the temp dropped quickly and that last few miles in were actually invigorating and I found fresh legs for the finish. A great but challenging day for the first big ride of the year for me.

WH
wayneh

Return to Northwest Rides