Providence Bridge Pedal

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Providence Bridge Pedal

Postby Force 5 Robert » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

Anyone else doing this?

I know that most would not consider this a "training ride" per say, but I consider it one:

1. Training to remember to be alert when amid a LOT of other cyclists and sharing the road.

2. Training to remember to strike up conversations with others while riding and at stops, etc.

3. Training me to remember to ride and have FUN and remember the scenery and to take pictures of smiling people.

4. Training to remind me that its not about the destination and the number of miles per ride but moreabout the journey and how much fun did I have along the way.

:)

Too often (for me at least) on most long rides I do I focus so much on the destination or "gotta get my 100 in" that I put the items above on the back burner.

Not doing that on CO. Its all about the fun. Sometimes you have train for that too!

:)
Force 5 Robert

Postby Lazlo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm doing it on a tandem with my wife. I learned on the Sunday Parkways ride that rides like this are good practice for maneuvering in crowds and practicing patience.
Lazlo

Postby Jackson » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm doing it but as a volunteer not a cyclist. If you are riding the 11 or 8 bridge excursion, stop by and say hi or wave as you pass. I'll be at the corner of NW Wardway, NW Nicolai & NW 29th at the bottom of the hill behind Montgomery Park.

John
Jackson

Return to Northwest Rides