thank you

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

thank you

Postby kyle susan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:17 pm

Ijust wanted to thank my big brother Troy for getting my butt off the couch and telling me I was doing C.O.with him this year.I never would of done it or made it without him.Other than my wedding day and seeing the birth of my children CO was the greatest thing I have ever done.It truely was a life changing week for me.
kyle susan

Re: thank you

Postby DWM » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:17 pm

kyle susan wrote:Ijust wanted to thank my big brother Troy for getting my butt off the couch and telling me I was doing C.O.with him this year.I never would of done it or made it without him.Other than my wedding day and seeing the birth of my children CO was the greatest thing I have ever done.It truely was a life changing week for me.

I have to agree with KS that CO 21 was a life changing experience and far more than "just another vacation". I started my training Feb 01, the day after I signed up, rode 4000km's and lost 15 pounds to get ready. Then, I dropped another 7 pounds while on the trip cause I had too pedal so hard! I've never had a holiday that had such a profound and positive impact on my health! I saw spectacular scenes and wildlife, met wondeful folks on the road, cheery and beyond helpful locals, was treated like Royalty by CO Staff and Volunteers, slept like I haven't in years and all this for $825!!!

CO 21 was on my life "to do" list for 2008, but now it will be the best vacation I will take every year!

DWM
Langley BC
Canada (eh!)
DWM

Echo...

Postby debstout » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:57 am

I would like to echo the "Thanks to my brother" sentiment. Eight years ago my brother (having done 2 CO's at the time) bugged my incessantlly to sign up for the ride. I finally did so mainly to get him to just stop hounding me....Also, I do like him. I absolutely fell in love with Cycle Oregon and have now done the last eight in a row with my brother. So, thanks to my brother Ray for getting me started doing something I truly have come to love and would never have done in the first place without his (strong) encouragement!
Debbie
debstout

Return to 2008 Week Ride - September 6-13