Fort Stevens Park

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Fort Stevens Park

Postby ntowner » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Is it correct that we will be taking off from Fort Stevens Park both days and looping back? I check for camping with RV or Yurt there and they are full already for august. I guess if you don't want to tent it your out at staying at the park, correct? Does anyone know of a good place to stay around that area for my family?
NTOWNER
ntowner

Re: Fort Stevens Park

Postby Don Bolton » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Not sure if you've found your answer but... There is a KOA (a LARGE one) just across from the south entrance to Ft Stevens SP. They have all manner of spaces plus camping cabins.

There is also a Good Sam park about 2.5 miles back toward Astoria.

Back when I started cycling the bike paths in Fort Stevens park were a destination. Now not so much. Used to take the family... The boys and I did the trails and then we'd go into Warrenton early Sat afternoon and cruise the Costco for the food samples before finding a real lunch.

Don "ah the simple life" Bolton
ntowner wrote:Is it correct that we will be taking off from Fort Stevens Park both days and looping back? I check for camping with RV or Yurt there and they are full already for august. I guess if you don't want to tent it your out at staying at the park, correct? Does anyone know of a good place to stay around that area for my family?
Don Bolton

Postby stephcycles » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:26 pm

I have a Honda Element. I need an excuse to camp out in it. I assume that can be done on this weekend ride, right?
stephcycles

Postby Jackson » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:29 am

Parking is usually near the camp but not in it. If you plan on camping in you car, you may need to park it with the RV's to be closer to services. I'll check with the office for more details.
Jackson

Postby stephcycles » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 am

Awesome, thanks Jackson!
stephcycles

Postby Jackson » Thu May 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Parking is near the camping area. The RV area is slightly closer but you will need to register your vehicle in order to have a space set aside for you.
Jackson

Postby stephcycles » Mon May 05, 2008 7:50 am

Thanks!! I'm now registered for Cycle Oregon Weekend. How do I go about registering my vehicle for the RV area?
stephcycles

Registering RV

Postby SummerBreeze » Mon May 05, 2008 8:54 am

I guess I need to register too - I have a parking permit, so I thought I'd just put the old truck/camper in with the rest of the vehicles. No generators or anything. Please keep us advised if we need to do (or pay) anything else??
SummerBreeze

Postby Jackson » Mon May 05, 2008 6:47 pm

If you plan on parking in the RV area, you will need to register your vehicle with Ingrid @ Cycle Oregon. This is to ensure there will be room for everyone in that area.
Jackson

Return to 2008 Weekend Ride - August 1-3