Heaven on Earth Restaurant and Bakery

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Heaven on Earth Restaurant and Bakery

Postby Chuck B. » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 pm

I don't know how many people know that the rest stop at Heaven on Earth, where we got the free cinnamon rolls, etc. was totally supplied by the restaurant owner at no cost to CO. So this morning when we left Medford, we went up to Heaven on Earth for breakfast, kind of as a payback. Great food!

On top of that, when the owner found out that the couple I carpooled to Medoford with were rider and volunteer, the volunteer half of the couple got a free cinnamon roll approximately the size of a basketball, and since I was a rider, I got a smaller one. Then as we were leaving, we were handed a very large portion of that great apple crisp and an equal sized portion of pumpkin bread pudding, made from left over cinnamon rolls.

I highly recommend Heaven on Earth as a great place to eat!
The voices tell the stories. I just record them for posterity.

And the voices have some good ideas sometimes!
Chuck B.

Re: Heaven on Earth Restaurant and Bakery

Postby AngryKnees » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:41 pm

I stopped by there on my way back Saturday around noon (yes, I didn't stick around in Medford for long after finishing). I too ran into the owner who was extremely pleased that I was from Cycle Oregon. I bought one of those gigantic cinnamon rolls, and ended up with a few small bags of goodies and a hug(!) from the owner thrown in for free.

I've already finished eating that monstrosity of a cinnamon roll. It was good, and am trying to work out a 200+ mile detour on my way to work to pick up another one. (yes, I know they ship, but I can't wait that long).

Kevin
AngryKnees

Postby Chuck B. » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 am

We had to wait until Sunday because the volunteer half of the couple I carpooled with couldn't get away until late on Saturday, so we decided to wait until Sunday...
The voices tell the stories. I just record them for posterity.

And the voices have some good ideas sometimes!
Chuck B.

Postby grin4joy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 am

My friend and I stopped Saturday to buy cinnamon rolls and they were all gone! We actually waited about 40 minutes for a new batch to be ready. :lol: The place was packed with CO'ers, arms filled to overflowing with all sorts of wonderful goodies to buy. Everyone was happy and thrilled to be there. I am glad that the owner's wonderful generosity and hospitality was well rewarded!
grin4joy

Postby Alex from Eugene » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 am

We stopped by about 5:30 on Saturday after an impromptu pre-birthday party in GP (Happy Real 50th Birthday, Randy!) There were still CO people stopping by, including Michelle the Secret Squirrel and her partner Moose. The owner reckoned she had at least 300 CO people stop in that day, I think she hugged them all - hope she doesn't get the "Jefferson Two Step"!

We only had to wait 15 minutes for the giant cinnamon rolls to finish baking - my kids attacked it when I got home and it's gone this morning.

Alex "Boris Badinov" from Eugene
Alex from Eugene

Re: Heaven on Earth Restaurant and Bakery Redux

Postby Alex from Eugene » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:10 am

COer's are still showing up! My wife (who didn't do the ride) and I were driving down to SF last Friday and I wanted to show her the place so we stopped in and bought another giant cinnamon roll. She turned around to leave and literally bumped in to her aerobics buddy and husband (who had done CO on a tandem)! I don't think either of us would have been there but for CO.....hopefully this is continuing to pay off for Heaven on Earth. Part of the cinnamon roll did make it all the way to SF! :P
Alex from Eugene
"work to eat, eat to live, live to ride, ride to work"
Alex from Eugene

Postby nauseklis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 pm

My fiance and I (we both rode in CO) stopped by Heaven on Earth on our way home from a road trip this past weekend. It looks like CO really was a boost to their business overall that is still benefitting them. As soon as the owner, Christine, found out we were CO riders (we had stopped in to buy some desserts), she started loading the "freebies" on us: "Hey, take one of the giant cinnamon rolls on the house". "Do you need any tea or coffee for the road?" "How about some hot chocolate?" They also put post cards and business cards in our bag plus a coupon to use on our birthday. They are very, very grateful for their participation in CO this year and the support given to them during and after the ride.
nauseklis

Return to 2009 Week Ride - September 12-19