Route Profiles?

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Route Profiles?

Postby dimitri » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:17 am

I was wondering if there will be route profiles (altitude gains) posted for the CO Weekend rides? Last year in this forum it was stated that they were so flat it wasn't worth doing. But since it says there are both challenging and progressively easier options, I would sure like to see the profiles so I know what I'm up for on the longest option for both days.

Thanks,

Dimitri
dimitri

Re: Route Profiles?

Postby Force 5 Robert » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:31 am

This would be good to know so I can see which routes I can take my daughter on without ruining the experience for her. :)
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby Lazlo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Yes, I was hoping to see that too. I'm doing it with my wife on a tandem, and I'd like to get an idea of hills so we can decide which routes to do.
Lazlo

Postby dimitri » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:53 am

Bumpity, bumpity, bump.....
dimitri

Postby dimitri » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:58 am

I see the Profiles are now up for each day- Thanks!

Anyone else looking go to main page-Route and then click on each day for the map and profile.
dimitri

Postby slv0700 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Lazlo, if you are doing CO week ride, you can easily do the day 1, 64 miler. Even if you aren't doing CO Week ride, and you ride a lot, you can still do it. I ride 3/4 of that ride all the time. Great route ! Haven't done the day 2 route tho.
slv0700

DETAILS ABOUT 1ST DAY LONG RIDE

Postby slv0700 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:50 pm

From Monmouth to Hwy 22 won't be an issue; Oakgrove is fine; Orchard Hts is hilly & windy; if they are going on Eagle Crest, couple climbs & hilly;
then you are lucky that they are going DOWN Gibson, because it's almost 3.5 miles mostly 8% with three short 12%; (I just did this going up & great for hill practice). then to Brush College: 8% climb right a way and goes for about a minute (in a car,) then long decent and rolling; then across the road to Spring Valley: short 8% climb then rolling hills while climbing, but easy grade to Hopewell Rd. Hopewell is rolling hills with one 8% short climb. Flattens out right before getting into Hopewell. Then cross the Hwy to Webfoot, which is flat; Fairview is flat (sometimes there is a dog on the right side of the road, fenced yard, right after turning on to Fairview. Hwy 153 into Amity, rolling hills; Broadmeade, rolling/flat; Perrydale Rd is flat.....so it's hilly going to Amity only. Wouldn't take kids that haven't ridden hills a lot if on their own bike. You need to like hilly roads to want to do this first part, but you can always take the option route and go straight up 99W into Amity & bypass the hilly part. I don't think they are taking Walnut Hill after Fairview(it's right across from the end of Fairview, but very hilly and also goes into Amity. It looks like at the end of Fairview they are jogging left and going Hwy 153 to Amity. (Atleast that's the way I'm going !)
slv0700

Postby Lazlo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks for the details. We're taking the shorter option. If it was just me, I'd do the longer route, but my stoker's not up to anything more then 40 miles or so.
Lazlo

Return to 2009 Weekend Ride - July 17-19