What a great weekend!

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

What a great weekend!

Postby SummerBreeze » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:06 pm

This was fun - lots of options, and it was neat to see so many kids in camp and on the ride! The route was well marked and beautiful, rest stops were awesome and the meals were delicious (but why the tiny portions, except for Friday night? - I was really thankful for the rest stop before the bridge on Sunday so I could fuel up!) We got to explore the fort and the beach and learn a lot about the history, and the ride up to the Astor Column was wonderful too. Thanks to everyone at CO and the wonderful volunteers, including the SAG heros who got the faint of heart back across that incredible bridge, although it was fun to 'invade' our neighbor state for awhile--would not have missed that loop around Cape Disappointment for the world. In short, this was a very nice appetizer for the full week main course!!
SummerBreeze

Postby MarbleMtn » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:52 pm

The reason there were smaller servings after Friday night was becasue they ran out of food for people who got into camp later Friday evening. After that I remembered the CO rule of getting to meals early.

It was a very fun weekend.

Clyde
MarbleMtn

Postby slv0700 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:58 pm

Which is why it is better for CO to do it's own catering.
slv0700

Return to 2008 Weekend Ride - August 1-3