Registration website

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: Registration website

Postby joec » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:00 pm

If you think you completed successfully you can check for a bib # in "My Account > Registrations" at the top of the prerace page.
joec

Postby MaryB » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks for that info - I'm bib #44
It's hard to beleive I was the 44th person - it took me at least 15 minutes to complete my registration.
MaryB

Postby joec » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

MaryB wrote:Thanks for that info - I'm bib #44
It's hard to beleive I was the 44th person - it took me at least 15 minutes to complete my registration.

From the start at 12:00:01? :wink: I think #45 took the system down... :mrgreen:
joec

Postby Force 5 Robert » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Hmmm. I tried that but get error message even trying that. In really don't like that my cc info is lord knows where in the black hole of this company's servers (or maybe laptop array)

Sigh.

Still waiting and wondering.
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby mytrot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm

done by 1205, bib number 6 according to prerace. Still no email. Emailed CO about 15 times and got a response from Ingrid that she would have prerace send one. That was 35 minutes ago.
mytrot

Postby magesh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm

BiB # 42

But have been double charged due to the crappy website & email issues.

M
magesh

Postby Cowboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Here's the latest update:

1) The registration issue was caused by heavy traffic to our vendor's servers, which was compounded by people trying to register repeatedly.

2) Those who have successfully registered should have received a generic confirmation with Pre Race at this point (please check your spam folder if you don't see it). Otherwise, please try again.

3) Pre Race will handle duplicate registrations, no need to contact your credit card company or Cycle Oregon.

4) Detailed confirmations outlining specific purchases will be sent out in the next few days (jerseys, bus tickets, Tent & Porter, etc.). You will have the opportunity to make changes as needed on the Pre Race site.

5) At present, the ride has not sold out.

Again, we regret for the inconvenience and the frustration this has caused you. Obviously the immediate fix is beyond our control, but we're committed to doing everything we can to make it right. Thanks for your patience and ongoing support.

More details to come.
Cowboy

Postby funtimes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 pm

joec wrote:If you think you completed successfully you can check for a bib # in "My Account > Registrations" at the top of the prerace page.

THANK YOU for that tip!
funtimes

Postby Routearrows » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh boy did that suck eggs! That is the worst reg process I've ever done, period! Five friends got so frustrated they quit in tears, so I registed for them with "register someone else" but it was still painful and slow with many kick outs and dead ends, even after "I knew what I was doing"! My stomach is still in knots. Not good.
Randall
Routearrows

Postby David R » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Yes, now some 3 hours later my heart rate is just returning to normal.
David R

Postby riding2live » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Major fiasco. Took 2 minutes to finally get the page that I had successfully completed my registration. Still no confrimation from Prerace. Checked my "JUNK" and it wasn't there. Went to prerace.com and tried to get into My Account which was to be set up with registraion. Won't let me in without some sort of confirmation e-mail and I'm not recognized. Bulls---. After last year was handles so magnificently with the record sell out in 45 minutes why on earth did C.O. decide to go with this outfitI'll never understand. Hope your blood pressure is not as high as mine is about now. I'm gonna go take another BP med.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby teaspoon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Cowboy wrote:Here's the latest update:

1) The registration issue was caused by heavy traffic to our vendor's servers, which was compounded by people trying to register repeatedly.

2) Those who have successfully registered should have received a generic confirmation with Pre Race at this point (please check your spam folder if you don't see it). Otherwise, please try again.

3) Pre Race will handle duplicate registrations, no need to contact your credit card company or Cycle Oregon.

4) Detailed confirmations outlining specific purchases will be sent out in the next few days (jerseys, bus tickets, Tent & Porter, etc.). You will have the opportunity to make changes as needed on the Pre Race site.

5) At present, the ride has not sold out.

Again, we regret for the inconvenience and the frustration this has caused you. Obviously the immediate fix is beyond our control, but we're committed to doing everything we can to make it right. Thanks for your patience and ongoing support.

More details to come.

Well I would argue item No. 1. The issue was caused by Cycle Oregon being ill prepared. What were you thinking?....that people would lolligag home after work and sign up after they let the dog out? For Heavens sake, the registration sold out last year in under an hour. Momentum would dictate that it would be even more of a frenzy this year. I can't believe you didn't plan for this. It is interesting how most everyone blames prerace. They are probably just a small company trying to get on the map and will try to tackle anything that comes their way. Obviously, this was way too big for them but it was CO's job to ensure one of their subcontractors can do the job just like in September if the showers aren't working, or the gear doesn't make it to the next destination or there is a problem with the food. Cycle Oregon can be Cycle Oregon's worst enemy. OK now I feel better. See you in September.
teaspoon

Postby Cownselor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Greetings saddle pals. It only took three hours, but my wife and I are in.
Cownselor

Postby Entiat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Well I would argue item No. 1. The issue was caused by Cycle Oregon being ill prepared

Cycle Oregon is, after all, a non-profit/charity organization. I suspect they don't have the in-house expertise to fully vet a company like prerace.com. Prerace probably said, "uh, yeah, sure, we can handle that!" and Cycle Oregon had no way to tell one way or the other until the world fell apart.

Again, CO is a nonprofit that does amazing things for the community. It is a grandly noble cause.

Perhaps if enough of us with software, IT, server-farm, etc. experience offered to consult with Cycle Oregon we could help them figure out an appropriate path for 2014...

So, hey CO - I tend to do limited-scale non-profit consulting work like this in return for maple-bars! I'll bet there are others out there with related skillz to offer...although they might need fritters or raspberry filled donuts... :-)
Entiat

Postby boldaddy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Prerace was obviously in over their heads. It was apparent last night that they were having problems as people were trying to create accounts to be ready today when the registration opened up. It's easy to play Monday morning quarterback, but it does seem that they could have done something, such as shutting down the registration, with a notice to re-open at a later time to at least buy some time.
boldaddy

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14