Registration Process

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Re: Registration Process

Postby Shifty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Training rides are GREAT stress relief and the sun will be shining for the next few days. Go out and hit it hard, you'll feel much better :lol:

And for the Cycle Oregon staff.....It's Happy Hour..hit it hard!!
Clip in and let's go!
Shifty

Postby boothhartley » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Now that I have had several days to let my blood pressure come back down, I want to add my comments.

It took me two hours to register, constantly fighting through the bogus error messages and stalled web pages. This is a disgrace to Cycle Oregon! I feel that we loyal participants are due a complete explanation from CO:

How did the registration go so smoothly in 2012? Was it done in-house? If not, why did CO not use the same vendor this year?

When negotiating with Prerace.com, did CO present them with the web statistics from 2012, enabling them to properly size their web presence? Prerace is probably accustomed to the typical race, where racers sign up one by one over an extended period of time. Were they aware that several thousand applicants would hit the web site within 30 seconds of noon? If they were aware, then shame on them for an inadequate design. My group has a website that must handle a pile of astronomer proposals at the last minute. We test the website with special tools (yes, they cost money, but they are worth it). We simulate thousands of users pounding on the site. We see what breaks, and we fix it. Did Prerace do anything like this? Do they have any pride in their work? I doubt it, given their attempted cover-up by deleting negative remarks from their Facebook page.

Let's hope for a better explanation from Cycle Oregon. In five years of participating, this is the first negative incident I've experienced. I hope that it is the last.
boothhartley

Postby riding2live » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 am

Well, here's hoping that PreRace will start clearing up double charges caused during the disastrous process. I hope they take care of it before the end of the billing cycle so that I don't have to pay off the bill with an overcharge on it. What a bunch of incompetent nerds. And yeah that was a great idea, "If you registered and didn't get a confirmation from PreRace.com try registering again" or something to that effect. I can stand to take the hit but it is inconvenient and others, I am sure, CAN"T.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby vanbusg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

My husband and I were excited about Cycle Oregon that we took the registration day off work to be on line at noon to register. We got a confirmation email after trying frantically for 2 hours to register, and when I checked my bank, the money had been taken out of our account, so I figured all was well.

The next day I looked at my bank account again, and the money had been put BACK into my account!

So I registered AGAIN, this time adding jerseys to my order, and the process was smooth and I got confirmations that looked like confirmations for a spot for both of us.

Friday, Feb 10th, my debit card was frozen, as I pulled into a gas station on a trip to Redding, California, and it was a good thing I had some cash, because my account was totally frozen, and still is. I've been charged TWICE for registration for 2 people!

No one has returned my call or email and my checking account is frozen. Does anyone care??????
vanbusg

Postby slv0700 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Vanbusg: CO needs to get it together; last year was a mess also. They need
to go back to the way it was....or everyone put their name in and they draw names like a lottery.....that would be irritating, but the fair way.
I would be so pissed if my acct. got frozen. Not signing up for week ride,and will sign up for weekend ride AFTER TODAY, 2/11.
slv0700

Postby StarlightPurpleIF » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 am

riding2live wrote:Well, here's hoping that PreRace will start clearing up double charges caused during the disastrous process. I hope they take care of it before the end of the billing cycle so that I don't have to pay off the bill with an overcharge on it.

If your next bill has duplicate charges on it, call the credit card customer service number on your card and explain the situation. If your card issuer is anything like mine, you won't have to pay the duplicate charge and the credit card company will deal directly with the merchant to resolve the situation. You can probably even call today, find out if you have been charged more than once and start the process if you have. Why wait for the bill? I certainly wouldn't wait for PreRace to sort it out.
StarlightPurpleIF

Postby badger » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Be Cool people!! Like starlight purple says call your cc if you get double charge. I got confirmation email from pre race. No problemo !! Always going to be bumps in the road!
badger

Previous

Return to 2013 Week Ride - September 7-14