Surprise, SURPRISE! (think Gomer Pyle)

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Surprise, SURPRISE! (think Gomer Pyle)

Postby redrandy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:41 am

Hope it all works out ok - I got in under the 36 (?) minute mark for 2012; noticed the RaceIT site says closed until noon today, but also that its sold out and has a waiting list web link (that doesn't work)! What could possibly go wrong? :D
redrandy

Re: Surprise, SURPRISE! (think Gomer Pyle)

Postby souki911 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:51 am

Soooo, if I'm signing up my husband and I, do I have to pay for TWO tent and porter services?
souki911

Postby funtimes » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 am

Gomer Pyle: Looks like we are reverting back to the old system. I do hope it goes smoothly for the organizers (and me) but I am guessing there will be plenty of folks not checking their primary emails (because they are at work) and they are going to try and go through the register.cycleoregon.com page they've been told to use. So, those folks are in trouble since the home page has not been updated...yet.

TO the other poster: No, you do not need tent and porter twice. Just once for you as a couple.
funtimes

Postby mytrot » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:10 am

The main site registration link does go to Raceit already.
mytrot

Postby ECoastSlug » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:36 am

When I click on the link at the Cycle Oregon site, Firefox tells me that the link is untrusted.....
ECoastSlug

Postby Baab » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:40 am

I haven’t received the email yet as of 10:39 AM (not in the spam folder either and I’ve received other CO emails to the account – last one on 2/7). A little concerned about the decision to push forward with registration. I was to register 3 other people using their profile information, but now I’m scrambling to get their contact info (e.g. address, dob, emergency contact info) since I didn’t think I would need it, but I will now.
Baab

Postby JohnB » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44 am

@ECoastSlug: Yeah, I sent a big old PM to the Cycle Oregon powers that be about that (long story short, it's a certificate problem, probably having to do with moving their registration site online or offline) but at the end of the day it looks like we'll be registering at https://www.RaceIT.com instead.
JohnB

Postby ECoastSlug » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:52 am

Another problem is that the various "registration" links on the Cycle Oregon site send one to different places. The "registration" link in the side bar menu for the week ride sends you to a Bonk! SAG wagon message saying "page not found," whereas the "click here to register" in the body of the text sends you to something that looks a tad more promising.
ECoastSlug

Postby riding2live » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Gee, all I can say is FUBAR. Two years in a row. Niece is out of contact and had acquired an account with all her info. Now I'm going to have to try to register her without med. info which I suppose she can update later. We had this all worked out until 10:30 this morning. Two years in a row now that reg is a clus.... MESS.
But what can you do when you want to make these rides, right?/
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby ECoastSlug » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:32 pm

They seem to have corrected the problem I noted in my last post.
ECoastSlug

Postby raftersteve » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:44 pm

I believe they used Race IT 2 years ago and it worked well.

We all need to remember that CO is about 90% volunteer run and supported. This includes their web developers. The developers do a wonderful job, it is too bad that things were not ready for registration this year.

It is very good that the CO decision makers had Race It as a back up plan and switched over to it. Using a 3rd party vendor for sign up is more expense for CO so I can understand why they would rather have an internal solution.

I see this as all very positive.

Steve
CO '10,'11,'12,'13
raftersteve

Postby riding2live » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Agreed that it is a positive thing that they FIANLLY wnt to Race-It. But at the VERY LAST MINUTE it's going to leave a few people caught up short. I'm having to scramble to get enough info to register my niece with me since she is on a cruise and out of contact. Do the best I can and fill in the blanks later I suppose.
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby Jackson » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Tent and Porter question, 1 tent - 2 people (1 per couple)
Jackson

Postby Baab » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Yes, 1 tent and porter service includes 1 tent which accommodates 2 people. You only need to add the Tent and Porter for 1 of the 2 people.
Baab

Postby R-3 fan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Sooo, slow and steady breathing people.
It is a great route and CO is a great ride and organization.
I still think the quick sell out of 2011/2012 were not the norm, however.
2 of 26 rides equals 7.6%. I really hope things work out for everyone, I too didn't write down contact info for people I need to register.
R-3 fan

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13