Registered!

Moderators: Cowboy, Jackson, chris@cycleoregon

Registered!

Postby Leedo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:30 pm

After a few bumps on my part, I'm registered+tent/porter!

Lessons learned:
1. DO NOT USE THE BACKSPACE KEY ANYWHERE ON THE SITE!!! (It will take you back one page, even if you are trying to edit the expiration date on your credit card)
2. Be patient, don't hit "add" multiple times or you will end up with 4 jerseys.
3. Make sure you add a size AND a quantity in your shirt/jersey order.
4. Be patient: the pages will eventually load, it just takes some time.
Image - Leedo

A.K.A. Supergrover
My Blog: normalguytri.com
Twitter: @normalguytri
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leedo
Leedo

Re: Registered!

Postby funtimes » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Chrome was not working too well so I got to the payment page and I had registered myself 9 times for about 8 thousand dollars. Then I got kicked off. Then it wouldn't let me register because I was "already registered"!

Firefox was better.
funtimes

Postby riding2live » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Got reg in FINALLY. For some reason RACE-IT would not load up on my Mac so pulled out my low end back-up (iPad) and registered from that. Exasperating but finally got done in record time (compared to last year) of 40 minutes. Couldn't figure out what to put in the Confirmation Code Box until I just threw sonething in there (case sensitive) then it said to enter you name exactly as registration entry (why didn't I think of that or maybe they could have put a clue next to the box (duh!).

Anyway, Yippee, I'm reg for the best group ride in the good ole U.S. of A. (bar none).
Ride like the devil's behind you, becuz he is---and he/she is drivin' a car textin' on the phone.
riding2live

Postby Force 5 Robert » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:24 pm

I was able to register on my iPhone with 4G as I had no wifi. Took a while to load but I just waited it out.

I did not have to use my passcode. Seems like people are having problems with those...

The carrot is now on the stick. Time to ride!
http://rosecityrecumbentcycles.com/
Force 5 Robert

Postby Noel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Cycle Oregon virgin! Any advice on how to make the best of this, I would be all ears or eyes :D . Totally excited!!!!
Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:28 pm

And what is an avitar, trying to load a picture?
Noel

Postby souki911 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Got hubbie myself and girlfriend registered and we got tent & porter -wooo!! hoo!!! What a stressful 20 minutes! Especially since we already booked our flights from Maui! Our third CO, and my girlfriend's first (she's a princess and insisted on T&P or no go... :) ) We're super excited and looking forward to those narly-hill climbs!
souki911

Postby moncamoncha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:36 pm

I had no problem registering on my Acer Chromebook! My windows program was very slow so got on Acer which was still slow but faster than windows. Must be lucky because I didn't have any trouble last year either :? Any way we are looking forward to this year's ride. Oh by the way we received an email confirmation before the website showed one!
moncamoncha

Postby Marble » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Your girlfriend is right. Much more enjoyable to get into camp with a tent already set up and waiting for you. Enjoy.
Marble

Postby Marble » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Is registration still open??

Maybe giving people time to look at the route and think about it will help, Sign up in first 30 minutes or your are out of luck leads to a mentality of hurry up and sign up and cancel later if not really able to ride the route?
Marble

Postby Jackson » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Both rides have spots available. Waiting lists for tent and porter for the week ride and dorms for the weekend. Last I heard, the weekend had close to 1300 signed up and the week had nearly 2000.
Jackson

Postby JohnB » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 am

Jackson wrote:Both rides have spots available. Waiting lists for tent and porter for the week ride and dorms for the weekend. Last I heard, the weekend had close to 1300 signed up and the week had nearly 2000.

How long did it take for T&P to sell out?
JohnB

Postby TNIrish » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:38 am

Any updates available on how many riders are registered at this point? Pretty daunting route (thank goodness for downhills). It's going to make training that much more challenging coming from the relatively flat Mid-South. Should be a lot of fun. :cry:
TNIrish

Postby Jackson » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Should be close on both rides. Have not heard that they are sold out but were nearly there last week.
Jackson

Postby Jackson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Week ride is steadily climbing. If you know someone who is still considering, they better decide soon or risk ending up on the waiting list.
Jackson

Next

Return to 2014 Week Ride – September 6-13